Digital TV News: Casbaa
Over 500 million multichannel TV homes in Asia Pacific
Dec 1, 2014 – According to CASBAA's Asia Pacific Multichannel TV Advertising 2015 book, the Asia Pacific now boasts 500,639,000 multichannel homes. The pay-TV advertising market continues to grow with a 9.4% increase expected for 2014.
News categories: CASBAA, ZenithOptimedia, Christopher Slaughter, Jonathan Barnard, Asia, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
South Korea, Japan, China, Australia and Taiwan have highest OTT viability in Asia
Oct 3, 2014 – CASBAA and SNL Kagan recently conducted a webinar detailing how upstart OTT providers are taking on traditional multichannel providers in the fight for Asia Pacific's video customers.
News categories: CASBAA, SNL Kagan, Christopher Slaughter, Ben Reneker, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
Biznet launches HD cable TV in Bali
Sep 15, 2013 – PT Supra Primatama Nusantara, known as Biznet Networks, has announced that under its max3 brand, it is now offering Internet + Cable TV services in Bali. The cable Tv servics has 81 channels (55 Standard Definition and 26 High Definition), including local TV channels.
News categories: Biznet Networks, Adi Kusma, Cable TV, Digital TV, Indonesia
Thailand's CTH goes digital with Irdeto Media Protection
May 30, 2013 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced at CASBAA Thailand in View that CTH Public Company Limited (CTH) has selected Irdeto Media Protection for its newly-launched digital pay TV services.
News categories: Irdeto, CTH, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Thailand
APAC now with 446m Multichannel TV homes
Oct 30, 2012 – CASBAA has released its annual estimate of Asia Pacific Multichannel TV homes, reinforcing the overall healthy state of the market. According to the report, Multichannel TV homes in the Asia Pacific region grew by 39m in the last 12 months.
News categories: CASBAA, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Subscribers
Indonesia's Central Tivi Digital Leverages Irdeto Customer Central to Deliver Superior Customer Care
May 15, 2012 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that Indonesia's DTH operator PT Central Tivi Digital has deployed Irdeto's customer care and billing solution. PT Central Tivi Digital launched its 'Centrin TV' pay TV service during the second half of 2011.
News categories: Irdeto, Centrin TV, Indonesia, Satellite
TelkomVision Reaches One Million Subscribers Using Irdeto
Feb 29, 2012 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has congratulated TelkomVision, Indonesia's leading DTH operator, for reaching one million subscribers. TelkomVision has achieved double its original target of 500,000 subscribers by end 2011 whilst relying on Irdeto's CA System.
News categories: Irdeto, TelkomVision, Conditional Access, Indonesia, Satellite, Subscribers
Pay-TV Now Taking 'Lion's Share' of Asia's High Net Worth Audiences
Oct 26, 2010 – The Cable & Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia (CASBAA) has announced that pay-TV in Asia has reached the tipping point of 50 percent penetration of all Asian TV homes.
News categories: CASBAA, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, India, Indonesia, Korea, Market Research, Pakistan, Philippines, Satellite, Thailand, Vietnam
Vietnam pay-TV in bloom
May 7, 2010 – Vietnam's pay-TV sector is one of the fastest developing markets in the Asia Pacific. While it is a comparatively small market, the opportunities are immense as the industry focuses on the dual subscription and advertising revenue streams.
News categories: CASBAA, Cable TV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial, Vietnam
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019
- Movistar Spain launches new voice remote control
- Irdeto confirmed as security partner for Mitele Plus
- Swedish streaming market saturating
- Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
- beIN SPORTS strikes partnership with XUMO TV
- Cinedigm’s Viewster app available on Foxxum-supporting devices
- Liberty extends Netflix partnership in Europe
- beIN SPORTS XTRA added to Samsung TV Plus
- Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
- WISI ABR transcoding approved for Minerva YourTV Now cloud video
- Radix to launch Android TV device management at MWC
- Canada's Media Technology Monitor reports on SVOD, podcasting, co-viewing and more
- Disney+ to reach 126 million subscribers globally