Digital TV News: China Digital TV
Asia-Pacific Will Be Responsible For 50% of 220 Million Unit Set-Top Box Market From 2013
Jul 5, 2012 – A jump in cable and satellite set-top box shipments in Asia-Pacific markets is being driven by cable digitization in India and China, as well as China's rollout of digital satellite boxes to its rural households, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
Revenues Shift from CAS to DRM as Multi-Screens Drive Market to $2.5 Billion in 2016
Sep 26, 2011 – The market for pay TV CAS and DRM will grow at a relatively modest 15% from $2.2 billion in 2011 to $2.5 billion in 2016. However, there is a significant shift from revenues derived from traditional CAS systems to revenues coming from DRM technologies, says ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Conditional Access, DRM, Market Research, Streaming
China Digital TV and Intel Capital Jointly Announce Investment in Beijing JoySee Technology
Aug 3, 2011 – China Digital TV (NYSE: STV) and Intel Capital have jointly announced an Intel Capital investment in Beijing JoySee Technology, a subsidiary of China Digital TV.
News categories: China Digital TV, Intel Capital, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Venture Capital
Digital cable TV subscribers in China passed 100 million in 2010
May 5, 2011 – Research and Markets has announced the addition of the 'China Digital TV Operation Report, 2010-2011' to their offering. According to the report, the number of cable digital television (DTV) subscribers in China reached 100.44 million in 2010.
News categories: ResearchInChina, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Zeebo China Unveils Plans to Bring Digital Interactive Education and Entertainment to Chinese Families
Oct 28, 2010 – Zeebo China has described its plans to develop a 3G-connected education and entertainment system specifically for Chinese consumers. The Zeebo system will enable users to wirelessly download and view content and applications on their TV sets.
News categories: China Digital TV Holding, Zeebo, 5G, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
China Digital TV Wins Satellite TV Contract in Venezuela
May 28, 2010 – China Digital TV Holding (NYSE: STV) has announced that it has entered into a contract with CANTV of Venezuela to install various systems and solutions on CANTV's direct-to-home (DTH) satellite platform.
News categories: China Digital TV Holding, CANTV, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Venezuela
China IPTV subscribers to reach 8.5 million in 2010
Apr 21, 2010 – According to ResearchInChina, the number of Cable DTV Subscribers in China reached 65 million in 2009, up from 45.1 million at the end of 2008. For IPTV, the number of subscribers grew from 2.65 million to 4.33 million in the same period.
News categories: ResearchInChina, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers
China Digital TV Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2009 Results
Feb 10, 2010 – China Digital TV Holding Co.(NYSE: STV) has announced results for the quarter ended December 31, 2009. China Digital TV shipped 2.36 million smart cards during the quarter, compared to 2.66 million shipped during the fourth quarter of 2008.
News categories: China Digital TV Holding, Cable TV, CAM, China, Conditional Access, Results
CMMB simulcrypt to be completed by year-end
Nov 18, 2009 – The addition of conditional access from China Digital TV Holding (NYSE: STV) to the CMMB mobile TV service from China Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) [formerly CSMBC] is expected to be completed by the end of the year.
News categories: China Digital TV Holding, CSMBC, China, Conditional Access, Mobile
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers