Digital TV News: China Mobile
Worldwide fiber-optic broadband subscriptions to double by 2019
May 6, 2014 – The worldwide cable, DSL and fiber-optic fixed-line broadband subscriber base grew 6% in 2013 surpassing 665.4 million subscribers. By 2019, fiber-optic broadband subscriptions will grow to 265 million subscribers, with a CAGR of 11.7%.
News categories: ABI Research, Jake Saunders, Broadband, Fibre, IPTV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Rovi and MStar unveil DTV ICs certified for DivX Plus Streaming
Dec 23, 2013 – Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that MStar plans to release DTV chipsets certified for DivX Plus Streaming™. With DivX Plus Streaming, DTV OEMs can support a variety of service providers and a range of deployment models.
News categories: Rovi Corp, MStar Semi, Bill Hsiung, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Streaming
Toshiba TVs certified for DivX Plus Streaming
May 7, 2013 – Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that Toshiba is launching a range of DTVs Certified for DivX Plus Streaming™. The agreement will enable Toshiba DTVs to support high-quality entertainment services from over-the-top providers such as KNOWHOW Movies by Dixons Retail in the UK.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Toshiba, Media Player, Smart TV, Streaming
DivX Plus Streaming DRM Approved for UltraViolet Services
Jan 7, 2013 – Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that the DivX® digital rights management (DRM) used with the company's adaptive streaming format, has been approved by the Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) for streaming use within the UltraViolet ecosystem.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, CES2023, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming
BYD to Launch Two Car Models with Mobile Digital TV Powered by Siano
Jan 2, 2013 – Siano has announce a partnership with BYD to integrate Siano-powered entertainment systems into BYD cars. Starting in Q1 2013, BYD's BYD S6 and the Surai compact sedan will be equipped with multimedia/infotainment systems with mobile DTV powered by Siano.
News categories: Siano, BYD, In-Car, Mobile, Semiconductor
ZTE Unveils OTT Solution Supporting Low Bit Rate HD at BBWF 2012
Oct 16, 2012 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has announced a full hardware and software solution integrating low bit rate high definition (HD), Over the Top TV (OTT), and multi-screen convergence at this year's Broadband World Forum 2012.
News categories: ZTE, BBWF, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
Siano and Marvell Enhance CMMB Devices with Picture-in-Picture (PiP) Functionality
May 17, 2012 – Siano has announced a collaboration with Marvell (Nasdaq: MRVL) and ZTE (SEHK:0763; Shanghai:000063) aimed at bringing Picture-in-Picture functionality to CMMB users, for example to allow one program to be watched while waiting for another to start.
News categories: Siano, Marvell, ZTE, China, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor, Smartphone
RDA Microelectronics Introduces CMMB Mobile TV Chip for TD-SCDMA
Nov 17, 2011 – RDA Microelectronics (Nasdaq:RDA) has announced the introduction of its RDA5891 CMMB Mobile TV SoC for TD-SCDMA handsets and smartphones. RDA's CMMB single-chip integrates the RF tuner, demodulator, UAM (User Authentication Module) and CPU.
News categories: RDA Micro, China, Digital TV, ICs, Mobile, Semiconductor, Smartphone
Siano Launches Family of Android Applications for CMMB DTV
Oct 18, 2011 – Siano Mobile Silicon has announced the launch of KÃ n, an advanced DTV player application for the reception of CMMB live TV broadcasts on Android devices. KÃ n is the first member in Siano's Android player family.
News categories: Siano Mobile Silicon, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile, Smartphone, Tablet
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th