Digital TV News: China Mobile
Siano Launches Family of Android Applications for CMMB DTV
Oct 18, 2011 – Siano Mobile Silicon has announced the launch of KÃ n, an advanced DTV player application for the reception of CMMB live TV broadcasts on Android devices. KÃ n is the first member in Siano's Android player family.
News categories: Siano Mobile Silicon, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile, Smartphone, Tablet
Alcatel-Lucent and China Mobile demonstrate first video conversation using 4G technology to connect locations in China and the United States
Aug 25, 2011 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris, NYSE: ALU) and China Mobile (NYSE: CHL; Hong Kong: 0941) have staged the first mobile broadband video call over a 4G LTE mobile network, to connect a fixed location and a car in Shanghai with Alcatel-Lucent offices in New Jersey.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, China Mobile, 5G, Mobile, Streaming
Siano and Borqs collaborate to produce ZTE's new OPhone
Aug 16, 2011 – Siano Mobile Silicon has announced that, together with Borqs, they assisted ZTE in the launch of a model of the OPhone. The phone uses Borqs' OPhone system supported by Siano's SMS2186 CMMB receiver.
News categories: Siano Mobile Silicon, Borqs, ZTE, China, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Semiconductor
10 million subscribers for CMMB in China
Mar 1, 2011 – China's State Administration of Radio, Film and Television (SARFT) has said that China Mobile's (NYSE: CHL; Hong Kong: 0941) CMMB mobile phone TV service, available in 331 cities across the country, has a user base approaching 10 million.
News categories: SARFT, China Mobile, China, Mobile, Subscribers
Telairity Brokers Strategic Partnership for Installing National Mobile Digital Network in Thailand
Jan 31, 2011 – Thailand's International Engineering Public Company Limited (IEC), the China Broadcasting Corporation (CBC), and Telairity, Inc. will work together to implement and deploy a CMMB mobile broadcasting network throughout Thailand.
News categories: China Broadcasting Corp, International Engineering Public Company, Telairity, Digital TV, Mobile, Thailand
Asia Pacific LTE Connections to Surpass 120 Million by 2015
Nov 16, 2010 – The number of LTE connections in Asia Pacific will exceed 120 million by 2015, according to new data released today by Wireless Intelligence. This aggressive growth will be spearheaded by China.
News categories: Wireless Intelligence, 5G, Australia, China, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Market Research, Mobile, Philippines, Taiwan
MediaTek, ZTE and China Mobile to cooperate on China mobile TV
Sep 3, 2010 – MediaTek (Taipei:2454), ZTE (SEHK:0763; Shanghai:000063) and China Mobile (NYSE:CHL; SEHK:0941) have announced that they will work together to tap mainland China's mobile-TV market.
News categories: MediaTek, ZTE, China Mobile, China, Mobile
Hong Kong Auctions UHF Spectrum for the Provision of Mobile Television Services
Jun 29, 2010 – Hong Kong's Office of the Telecommunications Authority (OFTA) has announced that China Mobile Hong Kong has successfully bid for the radio spectrum in the 678 - 686 MHz band at the spectrum utilization fee (SUF) of HK$175 million.
News categories: Office of the Telecommunications Authority, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Mobile, Regulation
Siano Launches MBBMS Software Stack for China Mobile TD-SCDMA
Jun 24, 2010 – Siano Mobile Silicon has launched a software protocol stack for the Mobile Broadcasting Business Management System (MBBMS). MBBMS handles billing, user management and conditional access for the CMMB mobile TV service through China Mobile.
News categories: Siano Mobile, China Mobile, China, Middleware, Mobile, Semiconductor
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media