Digital TV News: Chris Ripley
Sinclair to develop ATSC 3.0 automotive services with Hyundai Mobis
Nov 14, 2022 – Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) has entered into an MOU with Hyundai Mobis to collaborate on the development and implementation of ATSC 3.0-enabled automotive business models in both Korea and the U.S.
News categories: Sinclair, Hyundai Mobis, Chris Ripley, ATSC 3, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, USA
Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
Aug 1, 2022 – Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) has entered into agreements with Korean Broadcasting System (KBS) and Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation (MBC) to collaborate on NextGen Broadcast business models and technology in Korea and the U.S.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, Korean Broadcasting System, Munhwa Broadcasting, Chris Ripley, Del Parks, Eui-Chul Kim, Sung-Jae Park, Kevin Gage, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, Streaming, USA
Sinclair and USSI Global to pilot ATSC 3.0 datacasting service
Apr 14, 2022 – Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) and USSI Global have announced that they will partner to offer the nation’s first commercial datacasting service using the NextGen Broadcast standard (ATSC 3.0).
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, USSI Global, Chris Ripley, Anthony Morelli, Advertising, ATSC 3, Broadband, USA
Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
Oct 15, 2020 – Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) has acquired two TV stations in Washington, DC. In addition to traditional broadcast programming, the company plans to demonstrate datacasting using ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, Chris Ripley, ATSC 3, Broadband, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
May 26, 2020 – Sinclair Broadcast (NASDAQ: SBGI), Nexstar Media (NASDAQ: NXST), and The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) have announced that their Las Vegas television stations have begun broadcasting in NEXTGEN TV powered by ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, Nexstar Media, Scripps, Chris Ripley, Perry Sook, Brian Lawlor, John Hane, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
Feb 6, 2020 – Pearl TV has welcomed Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) as the organization’s ninth member, a move that boosts the reach of Pearl-member stations to nearly half of all broadcast television stations in the United States.
News categories: Pearl TV, Sinclair Broadcast, Anne Schelle, Chris Ripley, ATSC 3, Digital TV, USA
SK Telecom demonstrates in-car 5G-ATSC 3.0 broadcasting
Jun 4, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) has announced that it, together with Sinclair Broadcast Group and Harman International Industries, has demonstrated next-generation TV broadcasting by combining an ATSC 3.0-based broadcast system with SK Telecom’s 5G network.
News categories: SK Telecom, Sinclair Broadcast, Harman International, Park Jin-hyo, Chris Ripley, 5G, Advertising, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, Terrestrial, USA
Build-out plans announced for Next-Gen TV in top 40 U.S. TV markets
Apr 8, 2019 – At the 2019 NAB Show, a broad coalition of broadcast television station groups announced plans to deploy Next-Gen TV in the 40 largest U.S. TV markets by the end of 2020. The market-driven effort builds on the testing and rollouts that have already taken place.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
SK Telecom, Harman and Sinclair to commercialize in-car ATSC 3.0
Jan 10, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) and Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) have announced that with Harman they intend to jointly develop and commercialize digital broadcasting network-based automotive electronics technology for global markets.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, SK Telecom, Harman, Chris Ripley, Park Jung-ho, Dinesh Paliwal, ATSC 3, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, NABShow, USA, Worldwide
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania