Digital TV News: Cinedigm
Amagi to power Crackle Plus linear channels on FAST platforms
Nov 9, 2020 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) has announced a collaboration between Crackle Plus and Amagi to power the linear channel experience for Crackle, Popcornflix and other channels on a growing list of Free Ad-Supported TV (FAST) platforms.
News categories: Crackle Plus, Amagi, Philippe Guelton, Srinivasan KA, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
Sep 28, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that Roku OS 9.4 will start rolling out to Roku devices in the coming weeks. Roku OS 9.4 offers customers new ways to access content quickly and a range of performance enhancements.
News categories: Roku, Ilya Asnis, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Cinedigm brings OTT portfolio to ZEASN powered Smart TVs
Sep 2, 2020 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) and ZEASN have announced a partnership to bring Cinedigm’s OTT channels and content to Smart TVs powered by ZEASN's Whale OS, including those from from Philips, Magnavox, and AOC.
News categories: Cinedigm, ZEASN, Tony Huidor, Jason He, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
Jul 29, 2020 – Amagi has announced that it now delivers 30+ live and linear channels to The Roku Channel, with Amagi delivering brands such as beIN, Buzzr, Cinedigm, Condé Nast, MGM, PeopleTV, Tastemade, TYT Network, and Yahoo Finance, among others.
News categories: Amagi, Roku, Srinivasan KA, Ashley Hovey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Cinedigm launching nine streaming networks on FreeCast’s SelectTV
Jun 24, 2020 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has announced a partnership with North American OTT streaming company FreeCast to bring nine of Cinedigm’s popular streaming networks to FreeCast's streaming service SelectTV.
News categories: Cinedigm, FreeCast, Erick Opeka, Tracy West, Digital TV, North America, OTT
Cinedigm partners with Vewd for global OTT channel distribution
Jun 4, 2020 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has announced a partnership with Vewd offering Cinedigm’s portfolio of streaming entertainment networks on Vewd-enabled devices. The move further extends Cinedigm’s reach and distribution worldwide.
News categories: Cinedigm, Vewd, Tony Huidor, Erick Opeka, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
Future Today and Cinedigm terminate merger agreement
Mar 16, 2020 – Future Today has announced that its merger agreement with Cinedigm has been terminated. Future Today has instead entered into a content licensing arrangement with Cinedigm to expand its content offering.
News categories: Future Today, Cinedigm, Vikrant Mathur, Alok Ranjan, Digital TV, MandA, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Cinedigm adds Roku support to its app platform
Feb 24, 2020 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has announced expanded development support for Roku via its Matchpoint Blueprint app platform. The development framework gives content owners the power to launch OTT video streaming apps optimized for all major app platforms.
News categories: Cinedigm, Roku, Tony Huidor, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Cinedigm’s Viewster app available on Foxxum-supporting devices
Feb 10, 2020 – As part of the re-launch of Cinedigm’s (NASDAQ: CIDM) Viewster AVOD service, the company has announced a partnership with Foxxum to expand Viewster’s device support to include Foxxum-supported devices worldwide.
News categories: Cinedigm, Foxxum, Tony Huidor, Ronny Lutzi, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV
- COVID supercharged online video and gaming consumption in 2020
- VlogBox uses Protected Media SDK for CTV ad fraud detection
- Ekstraklasa chooses Red Bee as technology partner for Ekstraklasa.TV
- Sony brings BRAVIA CORE film entertainment to BRAVIA XR TVs
- Minerva Networks deploys at Mahaska Communications in Iowa
- LG to withdraw from mobile phone market
- 27% of DTC streaming video services are shared in the U.S.