Digital TV News: Colin Dixon
More Than 50 Million MHL Products Shipped Globally in 2011
Feb 21, 2012 – MHL, LLC, responsible for administering the MHL Consortium and the adoption, licensing and promotion of the MHL™ (Mobile High-Definition Link) specification, has announced that more than 50 million MHL products were shipped globally in 2011.
News categories: MHL Consortium, Market Research, MWC21, Smart Home, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
A Third of Pay TV Subscribers to Use 'TV Everywhere' Services by 2016
Jan 10, 2012 – According to TDG's latest analysis, by 2016 more than 30 million households will use operator-provided 'TV Everywhere' services to access their favorite video programs on their net-connected devices.
News categories: TDG, Digital TV, Market Research, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet
Rovi Unveils DivX Plus Streaming for the Secure Distribution of Premium Video Entertainment to Connected Devices
Sep 1, 2011 – Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) has unveiled DivX Plus® Streaming, a secure adaptive streaming solution for the delivery of digital entertainment to connected devices including HDTVs, Blu-ray Disc Players, smartphones, game consoles, PCs, Macs, and cable STBs.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Cable TV, IFA, Middleware, Streaming
Internet Features are the Norm for New TV Devices
Jun 2, 2011 – According to The Diffusion Group (TDG), the number of households that will be using over-the-top (OTT) video services will grow from 106 million in 2010 to 250 million in 2016.
News categories: The Diffusion Group, Blu-ray, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Internet Video Viewing to Trump Broadcast TV by 2020
May 19, 2010 – New research from The Diffusion Group (TDG) predicts that by 2020 the consumption of Internet video -- content stored and distributed over an IP architecture -- will eclipse the consumption of broadcast TV programming.
News categories: TDG, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
AirTies and Endavo Media to Showcase OTT Video Services at IPTV World Forum
Mar 16, 2010 – Endavo Media is teaming up with AirTies to showcase over-the-top video delivery through an integrated media management system at this year's IPTV World Forum in London from March 23-25.
News categories: AirTies, Endavo Media, Content Distribution, DVR, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial, Video Exchange
Broadband-Enabled TV Households to Top 360 Million by 2014
Jan 5, 2010 – According to research from The Diffusion Group (TDG), by 2014 more than 360 million households worldwide will own the components necessary to enjoy Over-the-Top (OTT) video services on their TV, with more than half actively receiving OTT services.
News categories: The Diffusion Group, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Requiescat in Pace, DMA
Dec 8, 2009 – According to The Diffusion Group (TDG), the global market for digital media adapters (DMAs) will be virtually non-existent by 2014, as manufacturers shift to embedded solutions and consumers demand video platforms that feature native internet connectivity.
News categories: The Diffusion Group, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Over-the-Top TV Revenue to Top $5.6 Billion by 2014
Sep 14, 2009 – According to a new report from The Diffusion Group, revenue from the delivery of Internet video to the TV will grow nearly six-fold in the next five years, from a meager $1 billion in 2009 to $5.7 billion in 2014.
News categories: TDG, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Streaming
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil