Digital TV News: Commerce and Economic Development Bureau
Hong Kong to begin analogue TV switch off on November 30, 2020
Feb 11, 2019 – According to Hong Kong's Secretary of Commerce and Economic Development, formal switching off of analogue TV services will begin on November 30, 2020, meaning that Hong Kong will enter into an era of full digital TV broadcasting from December 1, 2020.
News categories: Commerce and Economic Development Bureau, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Terrestrial
Over half of Hong Kong households receiving digital TV services
Jul 25, 2010 – About 53.3% of Hong Kong households are receiving DTT services according to the latest public survey conducted in June 2010. This represents approximately 1.23 million households and an increase of more than 300,000 as compared to a year ago.
News categories: Office of the Telecommunications Authority, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Framework for development of Hong Kong's mobile TV announced
Dec 22, 2008 – The Commerce and Economic Development Bureau (CEDB) has announced the implementation framework for the development of mobile television (TV) services in Hong Kong.
News categories: Commerce and Economic Development Bureau, Office of the Telecommunications Authority, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Mobile, Regulation
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV