Digital TV News: Common Sense Media
Sky partners with Common Sense Media for content rating
Oct 1, 2018 – Sky is partnering with Common Sense Media to introduce a detailed rating system that will help parents make smarter choices about what their children watch on Sky. The new service will launch in the UK in 2019.
News categories: Sky, Common Sense Media, Jeremy Darroch, James P Steyner, Big Data, Digital TV, Satellite, UK, UX
Comcast to launch 'Xfinity Stream' TV app for in and out of the home
Feb 14, 2017 – Comcast has announced plans to launch 'Xfinity Stream,' an app that will allow users to watch their entire TV line-up on phones, tablets and laptops in the home, and when they’re on-the-go, to tune-in to more than 200 live channels, access and program their DVR and watch 40,000 on demand titles.
News categories: Comcast, Matt Strauss, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, TV Everywhere, USA
Comcast launches industry’s first voice-guided TV interface
Nov 12, 2014 – Comcast has announced the industry’s first voice-enabled television user interface, a solution that will revolutionize the way its Xfinity TV customers, especially those who are blind or visually impaired, navigate the X1 platform.
News categories: Comcast, American Council of the Blind, Brian Roberts, Tom Wlodkowski, Eric Bridges, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Comcast adds personal streaming to Xfinity
Apr 29, 2014 – Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) has announced that X1 triple-play customers will soon be able to live stream personal video from their mobile devices, over the Internet, directly to the television.
News categories: Comcast, Marcien Jenckes, Apps, Cable TV, Middleware, USA
Target introduces Target Ticket digital video service
Sep 25, 2013 – Target (NYSE: TGT) has announced that Target Ticket, its new digital video service, is available to customers nationwide. The service gives users an easy way to access and enjoy their favorite titles on their preferred digital channels and devices anytime, anywhere.
News categories: Target Ticket, Anne Stanchfield, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
Jun 11, 2013 – Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) has unveiled the next generation of its cloud-enabled X1 Platform from Xfinity. The new platform release, known as X2, will be available to customers later this year.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
- WOWOW licenses AI powered transcoder from Ittiam
- Latin America to add 63 million SVOD subscriptions
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- Amagi CLOUDPORTXpress enables linear OTT channel creation
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- ATEME and NPAW offer free QoE analytics to their customers
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online