Digital TV News: Competition Commission of Indi
ZEE shareholders approve proposed merger with Sony Pictures Networks India
Oct 14, 2022 – Equity shareholders of ZEE Entertainment (ZEEL) have approved the proposed merger of ZEEL and Bangla Entertainment with and into Culver Max Entertainment (formerly Sony Pictures Networks India).
News categories: ZEE Entertainment, Sony Pictures Networks India, Punit Goenka, Digital TV, India, MandA, Streaming
Competition Commission of India approves Zee-SonyLIV merger, with conditions
Oct 4, 2022 – The Competition Commission of India has approved the amalgamation of Zee Entertainment and Bangla Entertainment with Culver Max Entertainment (provider of the SonyLIV service), with conditions.
News categories: Competition Commission of Indi, Zee Entertainment, SonyLIV, Digital TV, India, MandA, Streaming
Competition Commission of India approves VIDEOCON D2H-Dish TV merger
May 9, 2017 – Videocon d2h has received approval from the Competition Commission of India (CCI) for the proposed merger of Videocon d2h and Dish TV. The new entity will be called Dish TV Videocon Limited.
News categories: Videocon d2h, Dish TV India, Competition Commission of India, Saurabh Dhoot, Anil Khera, India, MandA, Satellite
Dish TV India adds 204,000 subscribers in 4Q 2016
Jan 30, 2017 – Dish TV India (BSE: 532839, NSE: DISHTV) has reported its third quarter fiscal 2017 results. The company added 204 thousand subscribers during the quarter to close with a subscriber base of 15.3 million.
News categories: Dish TV India, India, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Videocon D2H to merge with Dish TV India
Nov 11, 2016 – The Board of Directors of Dish TV (NSE: DISHTV) and Videocon d2h (NASDAQ: VDTH) have approved a scheme of arrangement for the amalgamation of Vd2h into Dish TV and the execution of definitive agreements in relation to such amalgamation.
News categories: Dish TV India, Videocon d2h, Jawahar Lal Goel, Saurabh Dhoot, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, MandA, Satellite
India's DTH set-top boxes may have to be interoperable
Aug 11, 2009 – India's DTH operators could be asked to provide inter-operable set-top boxes with the Competition Commission of India (CCI) seeing prima facie merit in a complaint filed by a consumer organisation that it is in violation of competition laws.
News categories: Competition Commission of India, Digital TV, India, Regulation, Satellite, Set Top Box
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December