Digital TV News: Connect TV
Metrological's Mediaconnect TV Incorporates Widevine DRM and Video Optimization Platform
Mar 22, 2010 – Widevine has announced that Widevine's adaptive streaming, virtual DVD/Blu-ray features and digital rights management (DRM) technologies will integrate with Metrological Media Innovations' Metroconnect Set-top Box Operating System (OS).
News categories: Widevine, Metrological, DRM, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming
LG, Samsung, Sony and Valens Semiconductor to Launch HDBaseT™ Industry Alliance
Dec 15, 2009 – LG Electronics, Samsung, Sony and Valens Semiconductor have announced that they intend to launch a cross-industry alliance to promote and standardize the HDBaseT™ technology for whole-home distribution of uncompressed HD multimedia content.
News categories: LG Electronics, Samsung, Sony Pictures, Valens Semi, HDBaseT Alliance, Blu-ray, CES2023, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
Miniweb, Metrological and Intel Collaborate to Provide Converged TV & Internet Video Experience
Aug 3, 2009 – Miniweb and Metrological Media Innovations have announced that the companies have collaborated to provide Intel (Nasdaq: INTC) CE 3100 powered devices with converged internet and broadcast video services for a high-quality TV experience.
News categories: Miniweb, Metrological, Intel, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming
Silicon Image™ Introduces The First LiquidHD™ Display Processor
Jan 8, 2009 – Silicon Image™ (NASDAQ: SIMG) has introduced the SiI6100 HD display processor, the first device supporting Silicon Image LiquidHD™ technology. LiquidHD is designed to connect TVs, CE devices, PCs, PMDs and home theaters into a seamless network.
News categories: Silicon Image, Blu-ray, CES2023, Digital TV, DVR, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
TiVo Reports Results for the Second Quarter Fiscal Year 2009 Ended July 31, 2008
Aug 27, 2008 – TiVo (Nasdaq: TIVO) has reported financial results for the second quarter ended July 31, 2008. TiVo-Owned subscription gross additions for the second quarter were approximately 36,000, compared to 41,000 gross additions for the year-ago period.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Australia, Canada, DVR, Mexico, Results, Set Top Box, Streaming, Subscribers, Taiwan, USA
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media