Digital TV News: Counterpoint Research
India Smart TV shipments grew 28% in 2022
Apr 4, 2023 – India's smart TV shipments grew 28% YoY in 2022, according Counterpoint Research. For Q4 2022, the growth was almost flat at 2% YoY due to a slowdown in demand after the festive season.
News categories: Counterpoint, Akash Jatwala, Anshika Jain, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Smart TV share in India’s TV market at record 89% in Q1 2022
Jun 7, 2022 – The Smart TV share in India's overall TV market grew 33% YoY in Q1 2022 to reach its highest ever at 89%, according to Counterpoint. Xiaomi led the smart TV market during the quarter with a 14.3% share, followed by Samsung at 13.1%.
News categories: Counterpoint, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
Record Smart TV shipments in India in 2021
Mar 3, 2022 – India's TV shipments grew 48% YoY in Q4 2021 and 24% YoY in 2021, according to Counterpoint Research. The smart TV market grew even faster at 55% YoY in 2021 and 65% YoY in Q4 2021 to reach its highest ever shipments for a calendar year.
News categories: Counterpoint Research, Akash Jatwala, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
Record YoY growth for India's Smart TV market in Q2
Sep 17, 2021 – India's TV shipments grew 46% YoY in Q2 2021, according to Counterpoint Research. The post-pandemic economic improvement, aided by active retail channels fulfilling the pent-up demand, was the key reason for the growth.
News categories: Counterpoint Research, Debasish Jana, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
Jul 9, 2020 – NetRange and SonyLIV have announced that Indian users of the NetRange Smart TV App Store can now access the SonyLIV app on their Smart TVs, enabling SonyLIV to expand its consumer base in India.
News categories: NetRange, SonyLIV, Tim Schröder, Apps, India, Smart TV, Streaming, UX
Top 5 metros account for more than half of OTT subscribers in India
Jun 18, 2020 – According to Counterpoint Research, the Top 5 metro cities account for 55% of OTT video platform users, while Tier I cities account for another 36% of users in India. Hotstar leads the Indian OTT video content market.
News categories: Counterpoint, Hanish Bhatia, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Streaming
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data