Digital TV News: Cox Communications
Amagi helps BUZZR unify broadcast and streaming operations
Nov 18, 2020 – Amagi has announced that it has enabled BUZZR to transition to cloud-managed broadcast operations. BUZZR has integrated its broadcast workflows, across over-the-air, cable and OTT, onto a single unified platform.
News categories: Amagi, BUZZR, Srinivasan KA, Mark Deetjen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
SCTE•ISBE Cable-Tec Expo 2020 to take place virtually
Jun 9, 2020 – SCTE•ISBE Cable-Tec Expo 2020 will take place virtually Oct. 12-16, marking the first all-digital presentation of the largest cable telecommunications and technology event in the Americas since its inception in 1983.
News categories: SCTE•ISBE, Cable-Tec Expo, Tom Adams, Tony Werner, Cable TV, CableTecExpo, COVID-19, Digital TV, USA
WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
May 20, 2020 – WarnerMedia has announced that the latest companies to sign on to distribute HBO Max at launch include Altice USA, Cox Communications, Microsoft, National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC), Samsung, Sony Interactive Entertainment and Verizon.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Rich Warren, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gaming, IPTV, Streaming, USA
Canoe adds Frontier to its dynamic ad insertion platform
Oct 28, 2019 – Canoe Ventures has added Frontier Communications (NASDAQ: FTR) to its footprint of VOD-DAI enabled television distributors. Frontier joins Charter (NASDAQ:CHTR), Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) and Cox as the fourth MVPD to utilize Canoe’s Service Assurance platform.
News categories: Canoe, Frontier Communications, Joel Hassell, Marcien Jenckes, James Frogameni, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
Comcast partners with Charter, Cox on addressable advertising
Jun 18, 2019 – Comcast Advertising (Nasdaq: CMCSA) has announced the launch of an initiative called On Addressability. The broad goal of the initiative is to help the industry deliver an addressable solution that maximizes the impact and value of television as a marketing platform.
News categories: Comcast, Spectrum Reach, Cox Media, NCC Media, Marcien Jenckes, David Kline, Louis Gump, Nicolle Pangis, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
Pluto TV coming to Cox Contour and Contour Stream Player
Jun 4, 2019 – Pluto TV and Cox Communications have announced that the Pluto TV app will soon be available to Contour and Contour Stream Player customers. The ad-supported platform offers more than 100 channels and thousands of hours of on-demand content.
News categories: Pluto TV, Cox Communications, Tom Ryan, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Cox adds Amazon Prime Video access to Contour voice remote
May 13, 2019 – Cox Communications has announced that Contour customers now have access to Amazon Prime Video. By simply saying "Amazon Prime Video" or "Prime Video" into their Contour voice remote, customers can watch Amazon Originals.
News categories: Cox Communications, Prime Video, Kevin Hart, Andrew Bennett, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming, USA
NCC Media connects online inventory to its TV advertising platform
Mar 18, 2019 – NCC Media has announced the launch of digital buying capabilities that extend the reach of its TV advertising platform. The move creates an all-screen advertising solution, enabling marketers to deliver coordinated digital ads to the same households reached by their TV campaigns.
News categories: NCC Media, Nicolle Pangis, Andrew Ward, Advertising, USA
Video streaming outperforms subscription TV in customer satisfaction in the U.S.
May 22, 2018 – Customer satisfaction with video streaming services in the U.S. far eclipses that of subscription TV, according to an ACSI customer satisfaction report. In the report video streaming services had a score of 75, way above subscription TV’s score of 62.
News categories: American Customer Satisfaction Index, David VanAmburg, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming, USA, UX
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers
- IAB Tech Lab releases updates to SIMID 1.2 and VAST 4.3 for comment
- Semiconductor market slowdown picks up speed
- MultiChoice to be second syndication partner for Sky Glass
- Canadian program drives energy efficiency of new set-top boxes
- Tring selects multiscreen solution from SmartLabs
- TP Vision to be launch partner for DTG DVB-I Test Suite
- beIN sports, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps now on Astro Ultra Box
- Air Broadband adds Netgem TV to its offer in the UK
- SeaChange to power FIFA World Cup streaming for Grupo TVCable
- Share of large panel TVs triples in India to over 40%
- Turk Telekom rolls out IPTV/OTT platform with ZTE
- OKAST powers Endemol France channels on Samsung TV Plus
- CommScope launches HomeVista pre-integrated video solution
- StarHub releases Android TV set-top box with integrated soundbar
- Broadcast and cable show signs of revival in U.S.
- EU proposes new cybersecurity rules for hardware and software products
- Vestel launches 97XX 4K UHD set-top box series
- Telekom and RTL Deutschland use 5G network slicing to broadcast live TV
- Netflix to remain SVOD world leader