Digital TV News: Crunchyroll
New AT&T, TPG entity to take over AT&T’s U.S. video business
Feb 25, 2021 – AT&T (NYSE: T) and TPG Capital have announced that they are to establish a new company named DIRECTV that will own and operate AT&T’s U.S. video business unit consisting of the DIRECTV, AT&T TV and U-verse video services.
News categories: AT&T, TPG Capital, Bill Morrow, John Stankey, David Trujillo, John Flynn, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Satellite, USA
Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
Jan 21, 2021 – According to Juniper Research, competition in the OTT streaming market is motivating providers to seek alternative revenue channels with the market seeing greater experimentation with hybrid monetisation models.
News categories: Juniper Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
Sep 17, 2020 – You.i TV has launched a new generation of its You.i Engine One product, with MediaKind as an initial deployment partner. With You.i Engine One 6.0, MediaKind's customers will be able to offer more engaging user experiences.
News categories: You.i TV, MediaKind, Jason Flick, Allen Broome, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
HBO Max launched in the U.S.
May 27, 2020 – WarnerMedia’s streaming platform, HBO Max, has officially launched. The launch is the culmination of efforts to bring the best of WarnerMedia together to launch the new offering, following AT&T’s acquisition of Time Warner.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Bob Greenblatt, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
HBO Max to launch on May 27th
Apr 21, 2020 – WarnerMedia's streaming platform HBO Max will launch on May 27th. With 10,000 hours of curated premium content, HBO Max will bring together HBO, third-party programs and movies, and content from Warner Media's library.
News categories: HBO Max, WarnerMedia, Kevin Reilly, Sarah Aubrey, Robert Greenblatt, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
WarnerMedia unveils HBO Max
Oct 30, 2019 – WarnerMedia has unveiled details about its HBO Max direct-to-consumer strategy, revealing a comprehensive offering of programming options for every audience, product features and functionality, and its go-to-market plans.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, AT&T, Robert Greenblatt, Ann Sarnoff, Kevin Reilly, John Stankey, Tony Goncalves, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
WarnerMedia names upcoming D2C service HBO Max
Jul 9, 2019 – WarnerMedia has unveiled HBO Max as the name of its new streaming service. The service will include an extensive collection of exclusive original programming as well as content from WarnerMedia’s portfolio of brands and libraries.
News categories: WarnerMedia, Robert Greenblatt, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Xandr Community brings together advertisers, publishers, and consumers
May 14, 2019 – Xandr, AT&T's advertising and analytics company, has announced the formation of Community, a curated marketplace of publishers that enables advertisers to reach their audiences at scale in a brand-safe, privacy-protected, premium video environment.
News categories: Xandr, Brian Lesser, Donna Speciale, Henry Embleton, Mark Rotblat, Reed Barker, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Vindicia report sees massive global growth in OTT subscription revenue
Sep 13, 2018 – Vindicia (NASDAQ: DOX) has released a research report that explores the prospects and development of premium OTT services across four regions: Western Europe, USA, Latin America and Asia Pacific.
News categories: Vindicia, MTM, Kris Nagel, Nick Thomas, Asia, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Market Research, Streaming, USA
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product