Digital TV News: Cryptography Research
MStar Semi to integrate Cryptography Research CryptoFirewall Security Core
Aug 28, 2014 – Cryptography Research (NASDAQ:RMBS) has announced that MStar Semiconductor has licensed the Cryptography Research CryptoFirewall security core for integration into its connected TV solution chips.
News categories: Cryptography Research, MStar Semi, Wayne Tsai, Paul Kocher, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Entropic reports second quarter 2014 results
Jul 30, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has reported its results for the period ended June 30, 2014. For the quarter, Entropic reported net revenues of $50.2 million. This compares to $70.6 million in the second quarter of 2013.
News categories: Entropic, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Entropic licenses Cryptography Research DPA countermeasures
Jul 23, 2014 – Cryptography Research (NASDAQ:RMBS) and Entropic (NASDAQ:ENTR) have announced that they have signed an agreement allowing for the use of the Cryptography Research side-channel attack countermeasures in Entropic’s ICs.
News categories: Cryptography Research, Entropic, Matt Rhodes, Paul Kocher, Content Protection, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics Reports 2014 Second Quarter Financial Results
Jul 23, 2014 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has reported results for the period ended June 29, 2013. Second quarter net revenues totaled $2.05 billion and gross margin was 32.8%. Net loss attributable to ST was $152 million.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Entropic Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2013 Results
Feb 5, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has reported fourth quarter results. Net revenues for the year ended December 31, 2013 were $259.4 million, a decrease of 19% from the $321.7 million reported for the year ended December 31, 2012.
News categories: Entropic, Results, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Entropic completes integration of Cryptography Research CryptoFirewall security cores
Jan 8, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) and Cryptography Research (Nasdaq:RMBS) have announced that Entropic has completed the integration of the Cryptography Research CryptoFirewall™ security core technology into its line of set-top box SoCs.
News categories: Cryptography Research, Entropic, Matt Rhodes, Benjamin Jun, CES2023, Content Protection, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Broadcom first set-top box SoC certified for differential power analysis resistance
Dec 19, 2013 – Cryptography Research (NASDAQ:RMBS) and Riscure have announced the certification of Broadcom’s set-top box silicon under their Differential Power Analysis (DPA) countermeasure validation program.
News categories: Cryptography Research, Riscure, Broadcom, Dan Marotta, Benjamin Jun, Pascal Van Gimst, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Conax partners with Cryptography Research on additional layer of hardware security
Sep 11, 2013 – Conax has announced cooperation with Cryptography Research (CRI) to introduce an additional Hardware Security Core based on CryptoFirewall technology from CRI. The first targets for the new Conax Hardware Security Core are Connected TVs and STBs.
News categories: Conax, Cryptography Research, Tom Jahr, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Verimatrix Demonstrates Integration of CryptoFirewall Security Core at NABShow 2013
Apr 8, 2013 – Verimatrix has announced that it is demonstrating the integration of Cryptography Research's CryptoFirewall™ hardware-based security core with its Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for IPTV cardless security at NAB Show 2013.
News categories: Verimatrix, Cryptography Research, Content Protection, IPTV, NABShow, Semiconductor
- Vodafone Portugal to acquire Nowo
- Eurofins divests Digital Testing business
- Smart Home device growth slows along with global economy, says IDC
- U.S. streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms
- ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
- Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22
- BIA/Madhive report examines growth in US OTT ad spending
- Roku enabled for four-screen measurement in Nielsen Total Ad Ratings
- Online video advertising to generate three times more revenue than SVOD in 2027
- FreeWheel and Comscore launch Connected TV contextual targeting
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle