Digital TV News: D Smart
New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
Mar 22, 2023 – As the number of Fire TV devices sold passes 200 million globally, Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced the expansion of its Amazon-built TV series and their availability in more countries.
News categories: Amazon, Daniel Rausch, Digital TV, Germany, Mexico, Smart TV, TV OS, UK, USA, Worldwide
ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
Mar 15, 2023 – Bitmovin has announced that ORF has implemented the Bitmovin Player, allowing it to stream content across the broadest range of devices with the highest quality viewer experience.
News categories: Bitmovin, ORF, Stefan Lederer, Harald Kräuter, Austria, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming
SpringServe joins Amazon streaming TV ad server certification program
Mar 10, 2023 – SpringServe (NASDAQ:MGNI) is to join the Amazon Publisher Services (APS) Ad Server Certification Program for streaming TV, simplifying APS header bidding integration.
News categories: SpringServe, Amazon Publisher Services, Joe Hirsch, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
VIZIO reports Q4 2022 results
Feb 28, 2023 – VIZIO Holding (NYSE: VZIO) has announced results for the three months ended September 30, 2022. The company reported that there are now 17.4 million SmartCast Active Accounts, up 15% YoY.
News categories: VIZIO, Advertising, Digital TV, Results, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
3SS partners with TELUS to power Android TV service
Mar 7, 2023 – 3SS has partnered with TELUS to launch the next-generation of the TELUS entertainment service, based on Android TV. TELUS chose 3SS' 3Ready Product Framework to provide the customized UX.
News categories: 3SS, ThinkAnalytics, t4h, VANTIVA, TELUS, Brian Jentz, Greg Riker, Graça Candido, Mercedes Pastor, Tim Fell, Android TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
TP Vision adds Mediaset app to Philips Smart TVs for Italy
Feb 28, 2023 – TP Vision has announced that the Mediaset app is now available on all Philips 2022 TVs featuring TP Vision's Smart TV OS, and also on the 2023 Smart TV lineup to be released later this year in Italy.
News categories: TP Vision, Mediaset, Michele Uslenghi, Pablo Falanga, Apps, Digital TV, Italy, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS
Cloud gaming platform Nware now available on Android TV
Feb 23, 2023 – Nware has announced that it is now available via Android TV, enabling users to enjoy video games without a gaming console, downloading, storage issues or the need to connect additional devices.
News categories: Nware, Daniel Olmedo, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, Worldwide
TCL ranked global top 2 TV brand by Omdia
Feb 22, 2023 – TCL has announced its latest ranking of Global Top 2 TV Brand according to OMDIA's Global TV sets report 2022. The data also suggests that TCL remained No.1 in global 98-inch TV market share.
News categories: TCL, Omdia, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
SEI Robotics selects Atmosic low power wireless and energy harvesting solutions
Feb 23, 2023 – Atmosic is working with SEI Robotics to develop a range of ultra-low power remote control and smart home products. Atmosic's Bluetooth SoCs enable the creation of connected devices that require little to no battery maintenance by consumers.
News categories: Atmosic, SEI Robotics, Mike Fortin, John Yin, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
- NextGen TV launched on local stations in Rochester, NY
- FCC proposes pricing transparency for cable and satellite services
- Tubi announces new planning integrations and partnerships
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics