Digital TV News: D2 Technologies
D2 Technologies Acquires Webia Technologies
Mar 2, 2011 – D2 Technologies has acquired Webia Technologies through an all stock transaction. Headquartered in Taipei, Webia was one of the first software vendors to introduce set top box media player platforms based on Google's Android™ OS.
News categories: D2 Technologies, Webia Technologies, MandA, Media Player, OTT, Set Top Box
D2 Technologies Collaborates with Freescale on Android-based Reference Design with HD Video Call Capability
Jan 6, 2011 – D2 Technologies has announced the availability of a new multimedia processor/software solution based on i.MX technology from Freescale. The platform offers a production-ready solution for devices delivering high definition voice and IP video calling.
News categories: D2 Technologies, Freescale, CES2021, Middleware, Semiconductor
MIPS Makes Android™ Source Code Available to Public
Aug 3, 2009 – MIPS Technologies (NasdaqGS: MIPS) is working to define standardized Android-based platforms for consumer devices such as set-top boxes, digital TVs, mobile internet devices (MIDs), home media players and VoIP systems.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV
Thomson: New Triple-Play, on-Chip Solution for VDSL2 Broadband Access Gateway
Oct 8, 2007 – Thomson (Euronext Paris:18453) (NYSE:TMS) has announced the launch of the Thomson 5411/5120 chipset for customer premises equipment at the 2007 Broadband World Forum Europe.
News categories: Thomson, BBWF, Broadband, ICs, Semiconductor
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs