Digital TV News: DMT
Nielsen to provide TV measurement for the Marquee Broadcasting Group
Feb 9, 2021 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) and Marquee Broadcasting Group have announced a multi-year agreement whereby Nielsen will provide local TV measurement services for all the broadcasters stations.
News categories: Nielsen, Marquee Broadcasting, Catherine Herkovic, Patricia Lane, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
KT unifies UX with Alticast Apex virtualization platform
Oct 3, 2017 – Alticast has announced that Korea Telecom is using Apex, Alticast’s user experience (UX) virtualization platform, to bring rich, uniform experiences to its set-top boxes. KT is using Apex to deliver a UX for both linear and on-demand content.
News categories: Alticast, Korea Telecom, Joonhee Oh, Jingi Choi, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Set Top Box, UX
iWedia and DMT partner for UHD IPTV/OTT hybrid STBs running Android TV
Apr 26, 2016 – Digital Multimedia Technology (DMT) and iWedia have announced the availability of a common offering for UHD IPTV/OTT hybrid STBs. The offer combines iWedia’s Teatro-3.5 STB software for Android TV running on DMT’s UHD IPTV/OTT STB.
News categories: iWedia, DMT, Sunghoon Kim, KW Lee, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, Video Exchange, Worldwide
DMT to supply Deseo companion device to NET Brazil
Apr 19, 2016 – Digital Multimedia Technology (DMT) has announced that it has signed a contract with cable TV operator, NET, of Brazil to supply its Deseo companion device. Deseo converts an HD set-top box into a secure UHD/4K gateway.
News categories: DMT, NET, Brazil, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box
Watch, Surf, and Play with the RCA Mobile TV Tablet
Jan 4, 2013 – The worlds of TV viewing and handheld computing come together in the new RCA Mobile TV Tablet (Model DDA850R) introduced at the International CES as the electronics industry's first dual-tuner mobile TV.
News categories: Dyle, RCA, CES2024, Digital TV, Mobile, Tablet
Uganda adopts DVB-T2 and MPEG-4 for DTT broadcasting
Jun 6, 2012 – The Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) has announced that the country has, with immediate effect, adopted DVB-T2 and MPEG 4 as the standards to be used in the provision of Digital Terrestrial Television Broadcasting services.
News categories: Uganda Communications Commission, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial, Uganda
Kalama Telephone to Deliver Triple-play Services with Positron EoC Solution
Jan 11, 2011 – Positron Access has announced that Kalama Telephone has deployed Positron's AK525 eight pair MIMO-on-DMT Carrier Ethernet product to deliver high-speed premium data services to their residential and small and medium business (SMB) customers.
News categories: Positron Access, Kalama Telephone, Broadband, Content Distribution, IPTV, USA
RCA is First to Launch New Line of Portable Television Products for Easy Reception of Both Standard and Mobile Digital TV Broadcasts
Jan 4, 2011 – With nearly 70 TV broadcasters now transmitting Mobile Digital TV signals in the U.S., RCA is launching a new line of portable digital television sets that have the capability of receiving both Mobile DTV and standard digital TV signals.
News categories: Digital Stream, ATSC 3, CES2024, Mobile, Portable, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
Analog Devices Unveils Multi-Standard Terrestrial Mobile TV RF Tuners
Sep 9, 2009 – Analog Devices (NYSE:ADI) has extended its mobile television RF product family. Compatible with global terrestrial mobile TV standards, ADI's ADMTV803 and ADMTV804 RF tuners consume 60% less power and are 50% smaller than competing tuners.
News categories: Analog Devices, Digital TV, DTMB, ICs, ISDB-T, Mobile, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024