Digital TV News: DR
Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
Sep 21, 2021 – Attest has released its third annual US Media Consumption Report. The report points to a significant decrease in the desire of Americans to sit in front of a TV screen for prolonged periods of time.
News categories: Attest, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
Sep 21, 2021 – VideoElephant has launched its Channels marketplace, a collection of more than 150 licensable, linear video feeds providing programming experiences for streaming platforms, digital media companies and brands.
News categories: VideoElephant, TCL, Stephen O'Shaughnessy, Feiyang Ding, Rob Dixter, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
Sep 21, 2021 – According to Dataxis, at Q2 2021, Android TV could be found on around 26% of the global advanced STB installed base. Although striking, the share of Google’s platform actually decreased from 40% in 2015.
News categories: Dataxis, Android TV, Digital TV, Market Research, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
Sep 20, 2021 – Strategus has partnered with FreeWheel to enable streamlined access to Strategus's premium CTV inventory through FreeWheel’s Strata platform, enabling buyers to receive proposals and send orders electronically.
News categories: FreeWheel, Strategus, Jamie Donnenfeld, Rachel Dillon, Todd Porch, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks
Sep 20, 2021 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has unveiled its Roku Streaming Stick 4K, offering powerful 4K streaming in a portable form factor, and the Roku Streaming Stick 4K+ which features the Roku Voice Remote Pro.
News categories: Roku, Mark Ely, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Record YoY growth for India's Smart TV market in Q2
Sep 17, 2021 – India's TV shipments grew 46% YoY in Q2 2021, according to Counterpoint Research. The post-pandemic economic improvement, aided by active retail channels fulfilling the pent-up demand, was the key reason for the growth.
News categories: Counterpoint Research, Debasish Jana, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
Innovid introduces interoperable infrastructure for identity resolution
Sep 15, 2021 – Innovid has announced the launch of Innovid Key, an infrastructure approach to identity management. Developed to enable an accurate and persistent method by which advertisers can better understand and target audiences.
News categories: Innovid, Tal Chalozin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Ampersand launches improved solution for multiscreen TV campaign measurement
Sep 16, 2021 – Ampersand has announced the availability of its Total TV Measurement solution for advertisers and agencies, unifying measurement of media delivery across its full footprint of multiscreen TV supply.
News categories: Ampersand, Andrew Ward, Brian McCord, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
Sep 16, 2021 – Vewd has released Vewd Core 4.22, the latest version of its HTML5 and streaming SDK for connected TV devices. New features include support for video calling and advanced advertising on TV.
News categories: Vewd, Sascha Prüter, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Software, Worldwide
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
- FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
- SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
- Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks
- rlaxx TV to monetise linear ad breaks with smartclip
- Conviva releases State of Streaming: Content Discovery report
- Roku OS 10.5 to begin rollout in next few weeks
- Altice France to acquire Coriolis Telecom
- Eltrona launches TV+ with ocilion
- Record YoY growth for India's Smart TV market in Q2
- Disney+ comes to Panasonic TVs
- Innovid introduces interoperable infrastructure for identity resolution
- Ampersand launches improved solution for multiscreen TV campaign measurement
- Dl Gtpl chooses ATEME cable headend solution
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations