Digital TV News: Dan Cryan
New services to add $3.6bn to the US D2C video market by 2023
Feb 21, 2019 – New direct-to-consumer online video subscription services have the potential to add 53 million paying subscriptions to the U.S. market by 2023, effectively growing the total number of subscribers by 25%, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Dan Cryan, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
YouTube turns to premium subscriptions to raise revenue
Sep 17, 2018 – YouTube is diversifying its business model including rebranding and expanding its YouTube Premium subscription service. Current markets for YouTube Premium are expected to generate revenue of nearly $2 billion in 2022, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Dan Cryan, Max Signorelli, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Market for esports video is booming
May 9, 2017 – The market for esports video continues its rapid growth worldwide. Total hours viewed in the genre exceeded 6 billion globally in 2016, up 19 percent from 2015, according to a new report from IHS Markit (Nasdaq:INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Ted Hall, Dan Cryan, China, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
TV channels go direct to consumers to tap SVOD revenue
Oct 26, 2015 – The traditional TV channels business is entering a period of flux, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS). Direct to Consumer (D2C) offerings are emerging as key new services for traditional channels, spurred by the growing popularity of Netflix.
News categories: IHS Inc, Ted Hall, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, UK, Worldwide
Digital now revenue backbone of home entertainment
Oct 1, 2014 – Growth in digital subscriptions, rentals and purchases will hold total consumer revenue from traditional home entertainment sources steady, according to new analysis released at the PEVE Entertainment Business conference, held by IHS.
News categories: IHS Inc, Dan Cryan, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
US Audiences to Pay for More Online Movies in 2012 than for Physical Videos
Mar 22, 2012 – According to IHS Screen Digest, Americans will pay to consume more movies online in 2012 than they will on physical video formats, marking the first year that legal, Internet-delivered movies will outstrip those of DVDs and Blu-ray discs combined.
News categories: Screen Digest, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, OTT, USA
A Canvas-type proposition will reach 3.5m homes by 2014
Oct 28, 2009 – Analysis from Screen Digest focuses on the prospects for a project Canvas-type venture in the UK. Screen Digest believes that a hybrid open IPTV platform such as that proposed by the BBC and its partners will reach 3.5 million homes by 2014.
News categories: Screen Digest, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs