Digital TV News: Dan Marks
BT awards set-top box contract to Pace
May 13, 2008 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has been awarded a new contract by BT (LSE: BT.A)(NYSE: BT) for its next-generation V-box. This contract follows BT's previous contract with the set-top box division of Royal Philips Electronics, recently acquired by Pace.
News categories: Pace plc, BT Vision, Neil Gaydon, Dan Marks, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Motorola Selected as Lead Supplier for Next-Generation of BT Vision Set-Top Boxes
Jan 7, 2008 – BT has selected Motorola as the lead supplier of next-generation set-top boxes for its BT Vision digital TV service. Motorola will supply BT with second-generation V-Boxes for deployment in 2009.
News categories: Motorola, BT Vision, Joe Cozzolino, Dan Marks, Broadband, CES2023, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
BT and Microsoft Announce Partnership to Deliver Powerful, First-of-its-Kind Entertainment Experience to Consumers Through Xbox 360
Jan 6, 2008 – Microsoft and telecommunications leader BT announced they are bringing together the next-generation TV service BT Vision with Microsoft's Xbox 360 games and entertainment system.
News categories: Xbox, Microsoft, BT Vision, Robbie Bach, Bill Gates, Enrique Rodriguez, Dan Marks, Broadband, CES2023, Digital TV, Gaming, IPTV, Middleware, UK
Microsoft Mediaroom Delivers Connected TV to More Than 1 Million Set-Top Boxes
Jan 6, 2008 – Microsoft has announced that its Microsoft Mediaroom Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) and multimedia platform is delivering video entertainment experiences to more than 1 million set-top boxes worldwide and its service provider customers are adding two new IPTV subscriber households every minute.
News categories: Microsoft, BT TV, Yankee Group, Enrique Rodriguez, Dan Marks, Vince Vittore, CES2023, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Subscribers
BT Vision now available to self install
Nov 8, 2007 – BT Vision is now available for customers to self install for a one-off connection fee of just £30 - making it even better value for people looking to enjoy Freeview and a vast range of film, sport, music and television programming on-demand, with no compulsory subscription.
News categories: BT Vision, Comtrend, Broadband, IPTV, Smart Home, Terrestrial, UK
BT Vision Launches Live and Catch-Up Sports Service
Jul 16, 2007 – BT (LSE: BT.A) (NYSE: BT) has launched its BT Vision Sport service. This service allows fans to catch-up with more matches in full than any other service and for just £4 a month.
News categories: BT Vision, Digital TV, IPTV, UK
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports