Digital TV News: Dan Marks
BT awards set-top box contract to Pace
May 13, 2008 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has been awarded a new contract by BT (LSE: BT.A)(NYSE: BT) for its next-generation V-box. This contract follows BT's previous contract with the set-top box division of Royal Philips Electronics, recently acquired by Pace.
News categories: Pace plc, BT Vision, Neil Gaydon, Dan Marks, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Motorola Selected as Lead Supplier for Next-Generation of BT Vision Set-Top Boxes
Jan 7, 2008 – BT has selected Motorola as the lead supplier of next-generation set-top boxes for its BT Vision digital TV service. Motorola will supply BT with second-generation V-Boxes for deployment in 2009.
News categories: Motorola, BT Vision, Joe Cozzolino, Dan Marks, Broadband, CES2023, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
BT and Microsoft Announce Partnership to Deliver Powerful, First-of-its-Kind Entertainment Experience to Consumers Through Xbox 360
Jan 6, 2008 – Microsoft and telecommunications leader BT announced they are bringing together the next-generation TV service BT Vision with Microsoft's Xbox 360 games and entertainment system.
News categories: Xbox, Microsoft, BT Vision, Robbie Bach, Bill Gates, Enrique Rodriguez, Dan Marks, Broadband, CES2023, Digital TV, Gaming, IPTV, Middleware, UK
Microsoft Mediaroom Delivers Connected TV to More Than 1 Million Set-Top Boxes
Jan 6, 2008 – Microsoft has announced that its Microsoft Mediaroom Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) and multimedia platform is delivering video entertainment experiences to more than 1 million set-top boxes worldwide and its service provider customers are adding two new IPTV subscriber households every minute.
News categories: Microsoft, BT TV, Yankee Group, Enrique Rodriguez, Dan Marks, Vince Vittore, CES2023, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Subscribers
BT Vision now available to self install
Nov 8, 2007 – BT Vision is now available for customers to self install for a one-off connection fee of just £30 - making it even better value for people looking to enjoy Freeview and a vast range of film, sport, music and television programming on-demand, with no compulsory subscription.
News categories: BT Vision, Comtrend, Broadband, IPTV, Smart Home, Terrestrial, UK
BT Vision Launches Live and Catch-Up Sports Service
Jul 16, 2007 – BT (LSE: BT.A) (NYSE: BT) has launched its BT Vision Sport service. This service allows fans to catch-up with more matches in full than any other service and for just £4 a month.
News categories: BT Vision, Digital TV, IPTV, UK
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server