Digital TV News: Dan Marks
BT awards set-top box contract to Pace
May 13, 2008 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has been awarded a new contract by BT (LSE: BT.A)(NYSE: BT) for its next-generation V-box. This contract follows BT's previous contract with the set-top box division of Royal Philips Electronics, recently acquired by Pace.
News categories: Pace plc, BT Vision, Neil Gaydon, Dan Marks, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Motorola Selected as Lead Supplier for Next-Generation of BT Vision Set-Top Boxes
Jan 7, 2008 – BT has selected Motorola as the lead supplier of next-generation set-top boxes for its BT Vision digital TV service. Motorola will supply BT with second-generation V-Boxes for deployment in 2009.
News categories: Motorola, BT Vision, Joe Cozzolino, Dan Marks, Broadband, CES2022, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
BT and Microsoft Announce Partnership to Deliver Powerful, First-of-its-Kind Entertainment Experience to Consumers Through Xbox 360
Jan 6, 2008 – Microsoft and telecommunications leader BT announced they are bringing together the next-generation TV service BT Vision with Microsoft's Xbox 360 games and entertainment system.
News categories: Xbox, Microsoft, BT Vision, Robbie Bach, Bill Gates, Enrique Rodriguez, Dan Marks, Broadband, CES2022, Digital TV, Gaming, IPTV, Middleware, UK
Microsoft Mediaroom Delivers Connected TV to More Than 1 Million Set-Top Boxes
Jan 6, 2008 – Microsoft has announced that its Microsoft Mediaroom Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) and multimedia platform is delivering video entertainment experiences to more than 1 million set-top boxes worldwide and its service provider customers are adding two new IPTV subscriber households every minute.
News categories: Microsoft, BT TV, Yankee Group, Enrique Rodriguez, Dan Marks, Vince Vittore, CES2022, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Subscribers
BT Vision now available to self install
Nov 8, 2007 – BT Vision is now available for customers to self install for a one-off connection fee of just £30 - making it even better value for people looking to enjoy Freeview and a vast range of film, sport, music and television programming on-demand, with no compulsory subscription.
News categories: BT Vision, Comtrend, Broadband, IPTV, Smart Home, Terrestrial, UK
BT Vision Launches Live and Catch-Up Sports Service
Jul 16, 2007 – BT (LSE: BT.A) (NYSE: BT) has launched its BT Vision Sport service. This service allows fans to catch-up with more matches in full than any other service and for just £4 a month.
News categories: BT Vision, Digital TV, IPTV, UK
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying