Digital TV News: Dan Marks
BT awards set-top box contract to Pace
May 13, 2008 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has been awarded a new contract by BT (LSE: BT.A)(NYSE: BT) for its next-generation V-box. This contract follows BT's previous contract with the set-top box division of Royal Philips Electronics, recently acquired by Pace.
News categories: Pace plc, BT Vision, Neil Gaydon, Dan Marks, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Motorola Selected as Lead Supplier for Next-Generation of BT Vision Set-Top Boxes
Jan 7, 2008 – BT has selected Motorola as the lead supplier of next-generation set-top boxes for its BT Vision digital TV service. Motorola will supply BT with second-generation V-Boxes for deployment in 2009.
News categories: Motorola, BT Vision, Joe Cozzolino, Dan Marks, Broadband, CES2024, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
BT and Microsoft Announce Partnership to Deliver Powerful, First-of-its-Kind Entertainment Experience to Consumers Through Xbox 360
Jan 6, 2008 – Microsoft and telecommunications leader BT announced they are bringing together the next-generation TV service BT Vision with Microsoft's Xbox 360 games and entertainment system.
News categories: Xbox, Microsoft, BT Vision, Robbie Bach, Bill Gates, Enrique Rodriguez, Dan Marks, Broadband, CES2024, Digital TV, Gaming, IPTV, Middleware, UK
Microsoft Mediaroom Delivers Connected TV to More Than 1 Million Set-Top Boxes
Jan 6, 2008 – Microsoft has announced that its Microsoft Mediaroom Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) and multimedia platform is delivering video entertainment experiences to more than 1 million set-top boxes worldwide and its service provider customers are adding two new IPTV subscriber households every minute.
News categories: Microsoft, BT TV, Yankee Group, Enrique Rodriguez, Dan Marks, Vince Vittore, CES2024, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Subscribers
BT Vision now available to self install
Nov 8, 2007 – BT Vision is now available for customers to self install for a one-off connection fee of just £30 - making it even better value for people looking to enjoy Freeview and a vast range of film, sport, music and television programming on-demand, with no compulsory subscription.
News categories: BT Vision, Comtrend, Broadband, IPTV, Smart Home, Terrestrial, UK
BT Vision Launches Live and Catch-Up Sports Service
Jul 16, 2007 – BT (LSE: BT.A) (NYSE: BT) has launched its BT Vision Sport service. This service allows fans to catch-up with more matches in full than any other service and for just £4 a month.
News categories: BT Vision, Digital TV, IPTV, UK
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024