Digital TV News: Dan Taylor
BBC iPlayer introduces live restart from the TV guide with Freesat
Jul 12, 2017 – Live restart was pioneered by BBC iPlayer, and has been available for web and mobile browsers and for viewers watching on connected TVs for some time. Starting with Freesat, it’s now being made part of an EPG for the first time.
News categories: BBC, Freesat, Dan Taylor-Watt, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK, UX
BBC iPlayer gets personal on connected TVs
Feb 17, 2017 – BBC iPlayer is about to become more personal for connected TV viewers. People who sign-in to their BBC account on connected TVs will start to benefit from a growing number of personalised features such as the ability to resume watching an episode or series started on another device.
News categories: BBC, Dan Taylor-Watt, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, UK
Harmonic powers Airtel Digital TV's enhanced DTH HD offerings
May 24, 2016 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Airtel Digital TV has deployed a compression headend solution from Harmonic. The deployment enables Airtel Digital TV to expand its DTH HD portfolio to over 50 premium channels.
News categories: Harmonic, Airtel Digital TV, Dan Taylor, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, India, Satellite
- SeaChange powers Screen iL TV service featuring Israeli content
- Bangladesh's MiME selects UniqCast's OTT/IPTV solution
- Converge launches VISION home entertainment service in the Philippines
- DELTA Fiber expands fiber network to 2 million addresses
- High-speed fibre overtakes DSL in OECD countries
- Liberty Global reports Q2 2021 results
- NAGRA video platform powers Claro Box TV in Colombia
- OTTera integrated into the IRIS.TV video data ecosystem
- Peacock coming to Sky later this year
- Redge Media compliant with IAB TCF 2.0
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 399,000 in 2Q 2021
- Playstation 5 surpasses 10 million units sold
- 52% of U.S. consumers stop paying attention when ads come on the TV
- Tata Sky Binge delivers streaming app aggregation with ThinkAnalytics
- USSI Global to bring DOOH analytics to NEXTGEN TV broadcasters
- Altice USA reports video net losses of 48,000 for 2Q 2021
- Total Play video RGUs up 48% YoY in Q2 2021 to 1,933,880
- Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020