Digital TV News: Danny Peled
Vidmind unveils hybrid Android STB for Russia's TVzor
Sep 9, 2014 – Vidmind has unveiled Vidmind V2, the new version of its Hybrid Android STB for virtual operators. The STB was designed by Vidmind and manufactured by Hisense. The product will be deployed in Russia by TVzor starting October 2014.
News categories: Vidmind, Hisense, TVzor, Danny Peled, Dr. Weiping Huang, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Russia, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
Vidmind and Verimatrix to offer DRM-in-the-Cloud service for OTT
Sep 3, 2014 – Vidmind has announced its partnership with Verimatrix. As part of their cooperation, the companies will bring to market a DRM-in-the-cloud offering, which will serve as a component of Vidmind’s cloud-based OTT pay-TV solution.
News categories: Vidmind, Verimatrix, Danny Peled, Steve Oetegenn, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2022, Streaming, Worldwide
Russian retailer Trellas' OTT service goes live on Vidmind platform
Aug 6, 2014 – Vidmind has announced that Russian retailer Trellas is using the Vidmind cloud-based, hybrid OTT/DTT platform as the foundation for a new TVzor-branded TV service in Russia.
News categories: Vidmind, TVzor, Maxim Nogotkov, Danny Peled, Digital TV, Russia, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
Media Excel and Vidmind partner to provide Cloud TV service
Mar 19, 2013 – Vidmind has announced a partnership with Media Excel. The joint transcoding management component, Vidmind SnowCannon, is in field trials by a number of operators. The fully managed Cloud TV service includes live HD-TV, VoD, catch up TV, social features and a TV app market.
News categories: Vidmind, Media Excel, Content Distribution, Middleware, Streaming, Video Exchange
Vidmind launches first Open End-to-End OTT Video Platform-as-a-Service at IBC
Sep 6, 2012 – Vidmind has announced the launch of its end-to-end OTT hosted video platform. The Vidmind OTT TV solution offers operators and MVNOs the chance of launching a TV service across multiple devices and networks with minimal risk and no upfront development costs.
News categories: Vidmind, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
AirTies and GooMe partner to bring unified TV viewing experience across broadcast, web and home media content
Apr 8, 2010 – AirTies has announced a partnership with GooMe Interactive. The combined solution offers a set-top-box (STB) with advanced graphics supporting Pause-LiveTV and progressive download using Flash memory without the need for costly hard drives.
News categories: AirTies, GooMe, Content Distribution, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming
Opera Software and GooMe Interactive Deliver the Best Web and Home Media Experience on Any TV
Jan 4, 2010 – Opera Software and GooMe Interactive have announced a partnership to deliver modular Web-based solutions for experiencing TV, Web and home media for the Set-Top Box (STB) and DTV industry via IPTV and/or hybrid IP/Broadcast delivery.
News categories: Opera Software, GooMe, CES2023, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
- SeaChange to power streaming for FOX Sports Mexico
- Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
- Shahid streaming platform now available on KONKA Smart TVs
- JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
- ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
- Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
- NextGen TV launched in Champaign and Springfield-Decatur
- Innovid integrates Kinetiq ad-occurrence data
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia
- Magyar Telekom selects ThinkAnalytics for content discovery and targeted promotions
- NextGen TV launches on seven local TV stations in Birmingham, AL
- Helwa TV channel launches on Arabsat's BADR-6
- Discovery+ launches on DIRECTV and DIRECTV STREAM
- AWS Clean Rooms launched
- Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
- VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
- Deloitte predicts ads on all streaming services
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026