Digital TV News: Darcy Antonellis
Vubiquity wins Verizon managed services deal for all on-demand content
Jul 31, 2018 – VUBIQUITY (NASDAQ: DOX) has announced that its managed services and technology platforms will provide the processing and packaging of Verizon’s video on-demand (VOD) and Pay Per View (PPV) portfolio across the Fios multiscreen platform.
News categories: Vubiquity, Verizon, Darcy Antonellis, Heather McDavitt, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Amdocs to acquire Vubiquity
Jan 30, 2018 – Amdocs (NASDAQ: DOX) has announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire Vubiquity, increasing its capacity to deliver digital content capabilities to network operators, video distributors, OTT companies, content owners and content producers.
News categories: Amdocs, Vubiquity, Eli Gelman, Darcy Antonellis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Mobile, Streaming, Worldwide
Over 50% of U.S. broadband households subscribe to an OTT video service
Apr 9, 2015 – Research from Parks Associates has found that 57% of consumers in U.S. broadband households subscribe to an OTT video service. The research firm reports that the average U.S. broadband household spends $9 per month on Internet video, up from $7 in 2012.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Secure Content Storage Association (SCSA) Selects Cryptography Research to Provide Security Expertise
Sep 6, 2012 – Cryptography Research (NASDAQ: RMBS) has announced that it has been selected by the Secure Content Storage Association (SCSA) to provide security expertise. The SCSA is a consortium founded to provide consumers with new ways to build digital home libraries.
News categories: Cryptography Research, SCSA, Content Protection, Smart Home, Streaming
Fox, Warner, SanDisk and Western Digital to Advance Digital Ownership of HD Movies
Feb 28, 2012 – Twentieth Century Fox, Warner Bros., SanDisk (Nasdaq:SNDK), and Western Digital (NYSE:WDC) have revealed 'Project Phenix', an initiative that will give consumers a way to organize, store and move their HD digital movies and TV shows across multiple devices.
News categories: Content Protection, DRM, Streaming
Entertainment ID Registry (EIDR) Gains Strong Support from Entertainment Companies
Sep 7, 2011 – The Entertainment ID Registry (EIDR) has announced that leading entertainment companies have begun integrating the use of EIDR IDs into their digital distribution workflows. These developments signal strong growth in adoption of EIDR IDs.
News categories: Entertainment ID Registry, Cable TV, Content Protection, USA
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform