Digital TV News: David Jones
First FreeviewPlus STB available in Australia
May 25, 2015 – Freeview Australia has welcomed the arrival of the aerialBox T2100, the first set-top box (STB) certified for FreeviewPlus, the TV service that provides access to more content and services from the Freeview networks.
News categories: Freeview Australia, Liz Ross, Nipuul H Patel, Australia, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box
Sony and LG release FreeviewPlus receivers
Sep 2, 2014 – A new era in Australian free-to-air TV has begun with the launch of FreeviewPlus, the new service that provides access to more content and services from the Freeview networks.
News categories: Freeview Australia, Liz Ross, Australia, Digital TV, HbbTV, Smart TV, Terrestrial
ViXS and Wyplay announce Ultra HD 4K and HEVC-Main 10 media gateway solution
Jan 2, 2014 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) and Wyplay have announced availability of the home media gateway market's first solution to support Ultra HD 4K content and advanced HEVC 10-bit media processing.
News categories: Wyplay, ViXS Systems, David Jones, Jacques Bourgninaud, CES2023, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor
Wyplay media gateway software running on ViXS XCode
Sep 13, 2013 – ViXS (TSX: VXS) has announced that their partnership with Wyplay has led to the development of an open platform for operator media gateways, customisable to have a look and feel based on the operator's unique requirements.
News categories: ViXS, Wyplay, David Jones, Dominique Feral, Gateway, IBC2022, Middleware, Semiconductor
ViXS Media Processor and Dual Stream HD Transcoder Powers Toshiba Blu-ray and CE Products
Aug 29, 2012 – ViXS Systems has announced that the ViXS XCode 4210 powers Toshiba's BD standalone and integrated BD module for HDTVs. The XCode 4210 is a network media processor and transcoding single chip System on Chip (SoC).
News categories: ViXS Systems, Toshiba, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV
ViXS® Announces Quad Transcoding with MoCA2.0 for DOCSIS Media Gateways
Mar 9, 2012 – ViXS Systems has announced two System on Chip (SoC) solutions enabling DOCSIS media gateways: the XCode 5191, a quad HD to HD transcoder, in production today, and the XConnex 1030 MoCA2.0 solution, general sampling in Q2 2012.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Gateway, ICs, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Smart Home
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max
- Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
- Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
- Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.
- ACCESS offers simple route for operators to add OTT TV services
- Net Solution acquires Beenius IPTV/OTT platform