Digital TV News: David Jones
First FreeviewPlus STB available in Australia
May 25, 2015 – Freeview Australia has welcomed the arrival of the aerialBox T2100, the first set-top box (STB) certified for FreeviewPlus, the TV service that provides access to more content and services from the Freeview networks.
News categories: Freeview Australia, Liz Ross, Nipuul H Patel, Australia, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box
Sony and LG release FreeviewPlus receivers
Sep 2, 2014 – A new era in Australian free-to-air TV has begun with the launch of FreeviewPlus, the new service that provides access to more content and services from the Freeview networks.
News categories: Freeview Australia, Liz Ross, Australia, Digital TV, HbbTV, Smart TV, Terrestrial
ViXS and Wyplay announce Ultra HD 4K and HEVC-Main 10 media gateway solution
Jan 2, 2014 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) and Wyplay have announced availability of the home media gateway market's first solution to support Ultra HD 4K content and advanced HEVC 10-bit media processing.
News categories: Wyplay, ViXS Systems, David Jones, Jacques Bourgninaud, CES2021, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor
Wyplay media gateway software running on ViXS XCode
Sep 13, 2013 – ViXS (TSX: VXS) has announced that their partnership with Wyplay has led to the development of an open platform for operator media gateways, customisable to have a look and feel based on the operator's unique requirements.
News categories: ViXS, Wyplay, David Jones, Dominique Feral, Gateway, IBC2020, Middleware, Semiconductor
ViXS Media Processor and Dual Stream HD Transcoder Powers Toshiba Blu-ray and CE Products
Aug 29, 2012 – ViXS Systems has announced that the ViXS XCode 4210 powers Toshiba's BD standalone and integrated BD module for HDTVs. The XCode 4210 is a network media processor and transcoding single chip System on Chip (SoC).
News categories: ViXS Systems, Toshiba, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV
ViXS® Announces Quad Transcoding with MoCA2.0 for DOCSIS Media Gateways
Mar 9, 2012 – ViXS Systems has announced two System on Chip (SoC) solutions enabling DOCSIS media gateways: the XCode 5191, a quad HD to HD transcoder, in production today, and the XConnex 1030 MoCA2.0 solution, general sampling in Q2 2012.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Gateway, ICs, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Smart Home
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Liberty Global to acquire Sunrise Communications by tender offer
- FOX News launches international D2C streaming service
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform