Digital TV News: David Sandford
TiVo and Pace Announce First Pace Product With TiVo Software Integration
May 21, 2012 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and Pace (LSE: PIC) have announced details of the first product, the Pace XG1, resulting from a global partnership TiVo and Pace announced in February 2012 to develop flexible, advanced television solutions for operators.
News categories: Pace plc, TiVo Inc, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, DVR, Gateway, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
TiVo® HD DVR Available Nationwide From DIRECTV
Feb 9, 2012 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced the nationwide availability of the TiVo® HD DVR from DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV) which integrates TiVo functionality with the DIRECTV service. The roll-out follows an initial ten-market deployment this past December.
News categories: TiVo Inc, DIRECTV, DVR, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
RCN Deploys TiVo's Ultimate Whole Home Solution in Washington D.C.
Nov 8, 2011 – RCN and TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) have announced the launch of RCN's whole home solution powered by TiVo to RCN customers in Washington D.C. The RCN whole home solution includes the Premiere Q four-tuner gateway DVR and TiVo Preview HD set-top box.
News categories: TiVo Inc, RCN, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Grande Communications selects TiVo set-top boxes for its next-generation whole home solution
Aug 24, 2011 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and Texas-based Grande Communications have announced an agreement under which TiVo Premiere will be the exclusive DVR promoted by Grande.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Grande Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home
TiVo Uses Entropic Communications' Silicon to Deliver Unparalleled Home Entertainment Performance
Jun 14, 2011 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has adopted its MoCA®-based silicon to support its multi-room streaming solution.
News categories: Entropic Communications, TiVo Inc, Digital TV, DVR, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
TiVo Unveils Full Family of Set Top Boxes for Comprehensive Whole Home Solution
Jun 13, 2011 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that TiVo Premiere Q, the company's first-ever quad-tuner gateway set-top box, and TiVo Preview, its first non-DVR HD set-top box, will join TiVo's existing advanced TV solutions offered to cable operators.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Cable TV, DVR, Set Top Box, USA
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation