Digital TV News: Dell'Oro
Economic Weakness Impacts Set-top Box Market in the Third Quarter, According to Dell'Oro Group
Dec 10, 2008 – Dell'Oro Group has reported that the worldwide Set-top Box (STB) market contracted 2 percent sequentially in the third quarter of this year to $3.5 billion, due in large part by declines in both cable and satellite unit shipments.
News categories: Dell'Oro, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
German utilities Stadtwerke Sindelfingen/Boeblingen select Alcatel-Lucent's fiber-based triple play solution
Nov 18, 2008 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris and NYSE: ALU) has announced that it has been selected by Stadtwerke Sindelfingen and Stadtwerke Boeblingen, utility companies near Stuttgart, for the deployment of a fiber to the home (FTTH)-based triple play solution.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Stadtwerke Sindelfingen, Stadtwerke Boeblingen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, Germany, IPTV
Seasonally Weak Satellite Set-top Box Sales Cause Market to Fall in First Quarter
Jun 23, 2008 – Dell'Oro Group has reported that the worldwide set-top box market contracted 6 percent sequentially to $3.5 billion in the first quarter of this year. The market was up 9 percent, however, compared to the year-ago quarter.
News categories: Dell'Oro, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
Tunisie Telecom selects Alcatel-Lucent's broadband access solution for triple play and VPNs
Dec 11, 2007 – Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has announced that implementation has begun of a multi-million Euro contract with Tunisie Telecom, Tunisia's national incumbent operator, to deploy a DSL-based network.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Tunisie Telecom, Broadband, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Tunisia
Weak Cable Set-top Box Sales Cause Third Quarter Contraction
Dec 11, 2007 – Dell'Oro Group has reported that the worldwide set-top box market contracted 2 percent on a sequential basis in the third quarter of this year, despite strong growth in the IPTV and satellite set-top box market that was not enough to offset the decline in the cable market.
News categories: Dell'Oro, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
IP and Satellite Set-top Box Sales Fuel Market in the Second Quarter, According to Dell'Oro Group
Sep 25, 2007 – Dell'Oro Group has reported that the worldwide set-top box market grew 45 percent in the second quarter of this year over the same period a year ago, due in large part to strong sales of IP and satellite set-top boxes.
News categories: Dell'Oro Group, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
Dell'Oro Group Launches Coverage of the STB and DVR Markets
Jun 17, 2007 – The report released today indicates that the worldwide set-top box market, which includes revenues from cable, satellite, and IP set-top boxes, grew 44 percent in the first quarter of this year versus the same quarter last year. More …
News categories: Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet