Digital TV News: Digita Oy
HbbTV Association adds seven new members
Feb 8, 2022 – The HbbTV Association has announced that ATET, Digita Oy, Ocean Blue Software (OBS), Rundfunk Berlin-Brandenburg (rbb), Skyworth Group & Shenzhen Chuangwei-RGB Electronics, Synamedia and ZEASN Europe have joined the in the past 12 months.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Digital TV, HbbTV, Worldwide
Rohde & Schwarz and Digita complete DVB-T2 network upgrade in Finland
May 14, 2020 – In Finland, Rohde & Schwarz has announced the completion of a DVB-T2 terrestrial TV transmitter network upgrade that spans the entire country. Working with Digita, Rohde & Schwarz has supplied more than 80 UHF HD transmitters.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Digita Oy, Manfred Reitmeier, Pekka Mattila, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Finland
DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
Jul 17, 2019 – DNA has agreed to sell its terrestrial TV network pay-TV business to Digita. DNA will continue its operations in cable and broadband. The transfer will take place on 1 January 2020. The parties will not be disclosing the sale price.
News categories: DNA Oy, Digita Oy, Pekka Väisänen, Digital TV, Finland, MandA, Terrestrial
Digita granted 10 year DTT licence for Finland
Jan 16, 2017 – The Finnish Government has granted television programming licences, for the UHF band multiplexes A-F, for Digita's terrestrial TV network for the forthcoming ten-year period. The licence term will begin on 17 May and end on 10 January 2027.
News categories: Digita Oy, Juha-Pekka Weckström, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Finland, Terrestrial
Digita to abandon DVB-H for DVB-T2 in Finland
Sep 8, 2011 – Digita Oy has welcomed the government of Finland's decision to change the licensing for the country's terrestrial broadcasting Multiplex D so that DVB-T2 can be used instead of the DVB-H format currently operated by Digita.
News categories: Digita Oy, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Finland, Mobile, Terrestrial
DNA to offer DVB-H mobile TV in Finland
Oct 8, 2009 – Finland's DNA has launched DVB-H mobile TV using the network operated by Digita. The service is starting by offering all viewers a free trial period.
News categories: Digita Oy, DNA Oy, Digital TV, Finland, Mobile
Digita Chooses Envivio Encoding for New DVB-H Service in Finland
Aug 13, 2009 – Envivio has announced that its Mobile Series™ video encoding platform has been installed by Digita Oy. The platform is being used to deliver ten channels of DVB-H encoded mobile television to be offered by mobile operators in Finland.
News categories: Envivio, Digita Oy, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Finland, IBC2022, Mobile
Finland's Digita to launch DVB-T2 broadcasting
Jun 10, 2009 – Digita Oy, the Finnish distributor of radio and television services, is to start DVB-T2 transmissions in early 2010, in time to show the Vancouver Winter Olympics in high definition (HD).
News categories: Digita Oy, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Finland, Terrestrial
Finland - Digita testing VODvision pushTV platform
Sep 8, 2008 – Digita, the operator of the Finnish Digital Terrestrial Network, has installed VODvision as a test platform for the introduction of pushTV services.
News categories: Digita Oy, VODvision, Content Distribution, Finland, IBC2022, Streaming, Terrestrial
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution