Digital TV News: Digital+
Canal+ Spain subscribers down another 59,500 in 2Q 2013
Jul 25, 2013 – Grupo Prisa has announced financial results for the first half of 2013. Canal+ Spain's satellite subscribers fell by 88,119 in the first half. Despite this, its market share grew because of higher falls at other operators.
News categories: Grupo PRISA, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Spain, Subscribers
Kudelski reports 2011 annual results
Feb 23, 2012 – The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) has announced its 2011 annual results. Total annual revenues and other operating income declined from CHF 1,069.3 million in 2010 to CHF 896.6 million in 2011, with the Digital TV segment driving most of the decline.
News categories: Kudelski, Cable TV, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
Kudelski reports 2011 half year results
Aug 23, 2011 – The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) has announced its 2011 half year results. Group total revenues in constant currency declined by 8.5%, while reported total revenues dropped by 21.9% compared to the first half of last year, reaching CHF 392.2 million.
News categories: Kudelski, Cable TV, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Middleware, OTT, Results, Satellite, Terrestrial
Cisco to develop next generation DIGITAL+ set-top boxes
Jul 26, 2011 – Spain's PRISA TV (Madrid: PRS) has said that it has signed a contract with Cisco Systems (NASDAQ: CSCO) for the financing and development of Digital Plus decoders.
News categories: PRISA, Cisco Systems, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Spain
Government publishes Major Report on TV Viewing Methods in Ireland
May 16, 2011 – Ireland's Communications Minister has published a Report on TV viewing methods in Ireland. The report surveyed 1,100 TV households. The report was prepared to assist the Department of Communications plan for analogue switch off in Ireland.
News categories: Cable TV, Ireland, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Digital+ launches 3D demo channel on ASTRA
Apr 27, 2011 – SES ASTRA (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that Spanish operator Digital+ has launched a 3D demo channel. The channel, called Canal+ 3D Demo and broadcast via SES ASTRA's orbital position 23.5ÂºE, is available free-to-air across Europe.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Digital+, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite, Spain, VR
Nagra announces 2010 annual results
Feb 24, 2011 – The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) has announced its 2010 annual results. Group total revenues rose by 7.6%, driven by strong growth in the Digital TV division, with weaker growth rates in the Middleware and Advertising and Public Access segments.
News categories: Nagra, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
Nagra powers Over-The-Top Service for Spain's leading pay-TV operator DIGITAL+
Feb 10, 2011 – Nagra (SIX:KUD.S) and Spain's DIGITAL+ have announced the launch of 'DIGITAL+ a la carta', an Over-The-Top VOD and linear TV service powered and secured by Nagra and available to subscribers of the DIGITAL+ satellite service.
News categories: Nagra, Grupo PRISA, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, Spain
Global Pay-TV Subscribers to Grow 7% as Novel Set-Top Box Solutions Enter the Market
Jun 7, 2010 – More than 719 million pay-TV subscribers are expected to sign up in 2010 as the economic recovery continues to gain momentum, according to latest forecasts from ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering