Digital TV News: Digital Entertainment Group
comScore partners with DEG for digital industry reporting
Sep 22, 2016 – comScore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has announced a partnership with The Digital Entertainment Group (DEG) for comScore's Digital Download Essentials Industry (DDEi) service in North America. DDEi provides data on movie and TV content accessed by the consumer via the internet.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, comScore, Amy Jo Smith, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, North America, OTT, Set Top Box
1.4 million 4K Ultra HD TVs sold in U.S. in 2Q 2016
Aug 4, 2016 – According to The Digital Entertainment Group, U.S. consumer spending on home entertainment products was strong for the second quarter of 2016. Boding well for the home entertainment industry was the continuing shift by consumers to 4K Ultra HD TVs.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV, USA
U.S. 4K Ultra HD TV sales exceed 1.5 million units in Q1
Apr 29, 2016 – According to DEG, U.S. consumers have purchased more than seven million 4K UHD TVs to date in the brief period since the product came to market, sparking strong demand for content.
News categories: The Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Digital Entertainment Group released year-end 2013 U.S. Home Entertainment Report
Jan 7, 2014 – Stability in home entertainment continued for the second straight year in 2013. Results were boosted by the growing awareness and acceptance of digital services and products offered by both online and brick and mortar retailers.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
Entertainment ID Registry (EIDR) Gains Strong Support from Entertainment Companies
Sep 7, 2011 – The Entertainment ID Registry (EIDR) has announced that leading entertainment companies have begun integrating the use of EIDR IDs into their digital distribution workflows. These developments signal strong growth in adoption of EIDR IDs.
News categories: Entertainment ID Registry, Cable TV, Content Protection, USA
DEG releases U.S. First Quarter 2011 Home Entertainment Report
May 2, 2011 – According to DEG, Blu-ray Disc hardware increased, with sales up more than 13 percent over first quarter 2010, and nearly seven million HDTVs were sold to U.S. consumers in first quarter 2011, up 11 percent over first quarter 2010.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV, USA
DEG Releases Year-End 2010 Home Entertainment Report
Jan 6, 2011 – The 2010 home entertainment market continued to be bolstered by the steady growth of Blu-ray as total U.S. home entertainment spending hit $18.8 billion to close the year, announced DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group at CES.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray, CES2021, DVD, Market Research, OTT, USA
First Ever Industry-Wide Research Undertaken by Digital Home Entertainment Group Establishes the Industry's Supply Chain Carbon Footprint
Sep 29, 2010 – The Digital Entertainment Group Europe (DEGE) has announced completion of the first ever European-wide industry assessment of the carbon footprint of the home entertainment supply chain.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group Europe, Digital TV, Market Research
DLNA Sees Surge in Certified Blu-ray™ Players
Jul 27, 2010 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has announced that the number of DLNA Certified® Blu-ray™ players has nearly doubled in 2010, bringing the total to 105.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, Blu-ray, Market Research, Smart Home
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV