Digital TV News: Digital Entertainment Group
1.4 million 4K Ultra HD TVs sold in U.S. in 2Q 2016
Aug 4, 2016 – According to The Digital Entertainment Group, U.S. consumer spending on home entertainment products was strong for the second quarter of 2016. Boding well for the home entertainment industry was the continuing shift by consumers to 4K Ultra HD TVs.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV, USA
U.S. 4K Ultra HD TV sales exceed 1.5 million units in Q1
Apr 29, 2016 – According to DEG, U.S. consumers have purchased more than seven million 4K UHD TVs to date in the brief period since the product came to market, sparking strong demand for content.
News categories: The Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Digital Entertainment Group released year-end 2013 U.S. Home Entertainment Report
Jan 7, 2014 – Stability in home entertainment continued for the second straight year in 2013. Results were boosted by the growing awareness and acceptance of digital services and products offered by both online and brick and mortar retailers.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
Entertainment ID Registry (EIDR) Gains Strong Support from Entertainment Companies
Sep 7, 2011 – The Entertainment ID Registry (EIDR) has announced that leading entertainment companies have begun integrating the use of EIDR IDs into their digital distribution workflows. These developments signal strong growth in adoption of EIDR IDs.
News categories: Entertainment ID Registry, Cable TV, Content Protection, USA
DEG releases U.S. First Quarter 2011 Home Entertainment Report
May 2, 2011 – According to DEG, Blu-ray Disc hardware increased, with sales up more than 13 percent over first quarter 2010, and nearly seven million HDTVs were sold to U.S. consumers in first quarter 2011, up 11 percent over first quarter 2010.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV, USA
DEG Releases Year-End 2010 Home Entertainment Report
Jan 6, 2011 – The 2010 home entertainment market continued to be bolstered by the steady growth of Blu-ray as total U.S. home entertainment spending hit $18.8 billion to close the year, announced DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group at CES.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray, CES2020, DVD, Market Research, OTT, USA
First Ever Industry-Wide Research Undertaken by Digital Home Entertainment Group Establishes the Industry's Supply Chain Carbon Footprint
Sep 29, 2010 – The Digital Entertainment Group Europe (DEGE) has announced completion of the first ever European-wide industry assessment of the carbon footprint of the home entertainment supply chain.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group Europe, Digital TV, Market Research
DLNA Sees Surge in Certified Blu-ray™ Players
Jul 27, 2010 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has announced that the number of DLNA Certified® Blu-ray™ players has nearly doubled in 2010, bringing the total to 105.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, Blu-ray, Market Research, Smart Home
U.S. Home Entertainment Has Promising First Quarter Fueled By Blu-ray Sales
Apr 15, 2010 – U.S. Blu-ray Disc software sales continued to rise in the first quarter of 2010, up 74 percent compared to the same period last year according to sales figures for the home entertainment industry released by DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray, DVD, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
- TV sets still dominate video entertainment consumption
- MENA SVOD revenues to triple
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues