Digital TV News: Digital Living Network Alliance
STMicroelectronics introduces Smart Home software platform
Sep 13, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has introduced its Smart Home software platform. ST Smart Home will power set-top boxes capable of managing home energy, automation and security systems in addition to providing access to multimedia content.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Gian Luca Bertino, Digital TV, IBC, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ViXS announces world's first SoC with native support for 10-bit HEVC and Ultra HD 4K
Sep 11, 2013 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced its most advanced SoC solution for video devices in the pay television and consumer electronics markets, the XCode 6400, supporting the latest video codecs and broadcast resolution standards.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Sally Daub, Digital TV, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
STMicroelectronics powers Smart IPTV Set-Top Boxes from NTT Plala
Apr 22, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has revealed that its Orly system-on-chip (SoC) is powering a new generation of advanced set-top boxes announced from NTT Plala, an Internet / IPTV service provider in Japan. The STB was developed by Sumitomo Electric Networks.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, NTT Plala, Sumitomo, Digital TV, IPTV, Japan, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
TVConnect sees ACCESS and Verimatrix launch 'studio confident' secure media sharing
Mar 20, 2013 – ACCESS CO. and Verimatrix have announced Verimatrix Gateway. The solution integrates NetFront Living Connect™, the Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) Technology Component™ from ACCESS, with Verimatrix security to provide a secure in-home media sharing solution.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Verimatrix, Content Protection, Middleware, Smart Home, Video Exchange
STMicroelectronics and SoftAtHome Demonstrate Secure Platform for MultiScreen Digital Services
Mar 20, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) and SoftAtHome have successfully demonstrated a client/server solution that will allow service providers to reach extra screens with an optimal user experience in subscribers' homes via a single, managed connection.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, SoftAtHome, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
ALi Corp integrates ACCESS NetFront DLNA with STB ICs
Mar 14, 2013 – ACCESS CO. has announced that ALi Corporation has selected ACCESS' DLNA solution NetFront™ Living Connect SDK to integrate with its set-top-box (STB) systems-on-a-chip. The ACCESS-powered ALi SoCs will ship to STB manufacturers from Q2, 2013.
News categories: ACCESS CO, ALi Corp, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
KAONMEDIA Launches Gateway Set-top Box Based On ViXS XCode Media Processor
Jan 9, 2013 – ViXS has announced that KAONMEDIA has chosen the ViXS XCode 4208 for its Entry Level Gateway (ELG). The ELG is a 'Headless Gateway' STB that transcodes and wirelessly streams content directly to client devices both on the home network and outside the home.
News categories: ViXS, KAONMEDIA, Digital TV, Gateway, Semiconductor, Smart Home
AirTies integrates ACCESS DLNA-based media sharing
Jan 9, 2013 – ACCESS has announced that AirTies has integrated ACCESS' NetFront™ Living Connect with its home gateways and set-top boxes to enable DLNA-based media sharing throughout the home.
News categories: ACCESS CO, AirTies, CES, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Humax Enters Production of Next Generation DIRECTV 'Genie' Server
Jan 8, 2013 – Humax (115160.KQ) has announced the recent approval for production of their DIRECTV (NASDAQ: DTV) HR44-500 'Genie' server, which will be combined with the Humax-manufactured C41-500 'mini Genie' client which is currently undergoing final certification.
News categories: Humax, DIRECTV, Digital TV, Gateway, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0
- Vodafone España adopts targeted content promotion from TiVo
- 3SS selected by FreeCast for SelectTV multiscreen UX
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020