Digital TV News: Digiturk
AirTies and Octoshape selected by Digiturk for international OTT service
Jul 28, 2014 – AirTies and Octoshape have announced that Digiturk has selected their joint solution to deliver premium programming over-the-top (OTT) to its international customers.
News categories: AirTies, Octoshape, Digiturk, Hatice Memigüven, Bulend Celebi, Michael Koehn Milland, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, Turkey, Worldwide
Motive Television STB deployment exceeds expectations in Turkey
Jan 16, 2014 – Motive Television has been informed by Digiturk that during 2013 approximately 115,000 set-top boxes containing Motive's technology were provided to subscriber homes.
News categories: Motive Television, Digiturk, Leonard M Fertig, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Turkey
Digiturk and Altech Multimedia to launch hybrid HD set-top-box
Sep 17, 2013 – Digiturk has launched a next generation hybrid set-top box developed by its partner Altech Multimedia. The new line of set-tops integrates TeleIDEA's Smartware with Irdeto Conditional Access to secure Digiturk's broadcast content.
News categories: Altech, Digiturk, TeleIDEA, Irdeto, Taylan Özsipahi, Bartolomeo Caputo, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Turkey
Digiturk begins rollout of Motive Television Anytime Anywhere technology
May 29, 2013 – Motive Television has announced that it has been informed by Digiturk that it has begun providing set-top boxes which include Motive's Television Anytime Anywhere technology to consumers on a commercial basis.
News categories: Motive Television, Digiturk, Digital TV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Turkey, TV Everywhere
Digitürk and Eutelsat Partner on Turkey's First Ultra HD (4K) Demonstration Channel
Apr 18, 2013 – Digitürk has launched a dedicated demonstration 4K channel in partnership with Eutelsat (Paris: ETL). The broadcast, the first time 4K has been shown in Turkey, helps Digiturk lay the foundations for the next step change in television broadcasting.
News categories: Eutelsat, Digiturk, Content Distribution, Satellite, Turkey
Altech Multimedia and Digiturk introduce next generation hybrid set-top box
Mar 12, 2013 – Altech Multimedia and Digiturk have announced that they will jointly launch a next generation hybrid set-top box aimed at the evolving markets in Turkey and beyond. Altech Multimedia has supplied over 200,000 PVR products to Digiturk since its launch in 2010.
News categories: Altech Multimedia, Digiturk, CABSAT, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR, HbbTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Turkey
Motive Television licenses software to Sagemcom for Digiturk launch
Nov 5, 2012 – Motive Television (AIM: MTV.LN) has announced that it has signed a Software License Agreement with Sagemcom for the use of Motive Television's Anytime Anywhere technology in anticipation of the launch of commercial services by Digiturk in Turkey.
News categories: Motive Television, Sagemcom, Digiturk, Apps, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Turkey
Farncombe designs user experience for Digiturk's up coming hybrid platform
Aug 4, 2011 – Farncombe has announced that its design practice, WeAreAka, played a key role in the creation of an advanced EPG and user interface for the forthcoming hybrid digital TV platform provided by Turkish platform operator Digiturk.
News categories: Farncombe, WeAreAka, Digiturk, Sagemcom, DVR, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Turkey
Video services market expected to top $250 billion in 2014
Jun 1, 2010 – Market research firm Infonetics Research released the first edition of its 2010 biannual Video Services and Subscribers report, which tracks telco Internet Protocol television (IPTV), cable video, and satellite video services and subscribers.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households
- Magnite agrees ACR data deal with LG Ads Solutions
- Amino software powers integration of pay TV and streaming at Now TV
- Global entertainment & media revenues surge to $2.3 trillion
- Yahoo appointed DSP for DIRECTV Advertising's addressable inventory
- DNA selects UEI for Android TV remote
- United Group to consolidate DTH services on a single platform
- Multiperiod DASH and PlayReady SL3000 added to HbbTV reference application
- NEXTGEN TV launches on four local TV stations in San Antonio
- Liveramp powers targeted addressable marketing on Eurosport
- Allegro DVT AV1 decoder IP supports 12-bit pixels and 4:4:4 chroma sub-sampling
- Paramount+ launches in Korea via TVING
- FreeWheel introduces linear addressable solution with AMC Networks
- Streaming captures nearly 32% of U.S. TV viewing in May
- Walmart and Roku enable e-commerce in TV ads