Digital TV News: Discovery, Inc.
FreeWheel to provide decisioning platform for ads on Discovery's cable networks
Sep 30, 2019 – Discovery (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) and FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) have announced a multi-year agreement under which FreeWheel will provide its unified decisioning platform to enable advertising management for Discovery’s roster of cable networks.
News categories: FreeWheel, Discovery, James Rooke, Keith Kazerman, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
Discovery and BBC Studios planning global streaming service
Apr 1, 2019 – Discovery and BBC Studios have announced a series of agreements, with a content partnership spanning a library of factual series to power a new global streaming service, and a bespoke development deal for BBC Studios’ documentaries.
News categories: BBC Studios, Discovery, Inc, Tony Hall, David Zaslav, Digital TV, MandA, OTT, Worldwide
TiVo reports 3Q 2018 results
Nov 7, 2018 – TiVo Corporation (NASDAQ: TIVO) has reported financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2018. The Company continues to explore all possible strategic alternatives to maximize value for its shareholders.
News categories: TiVo Corp, http://bit.ly/2D9PLED, Big Data, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA, UX, Worldwide
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering
- Alphonso re-launches as LG Ads
- AirConsole cloud gaming for all Xiaomi Android TV devices
- LG webOS TV platform includes QuickSet from UEI
- U.S. DTH service Orby TV closes down
- Saankhya Labs receives FCC certification for broadcast-to-mobile solution
- MediaKind integrates Dolby Vision HDR technology
- Korean and US content power online video consumption in SE Asia
- MobiTV enters voluntary Chapter 11
- North American OTT TV revenues to double
- VeriSilicon AI video processor powers leading datacenters
- Asia-Pacific pay TV revenue to fall over next five years
- WDR expands HD capacity with SES at 19.2°E