Digital TV News: Discovery
Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
Aug 3, 2020 – Minerva Networks has announced that Skymedia in Mongolia is upgrading its pay TV platform to Minerva 10. The offering will provide discovery, navigation and consumption experiences on both legacy STBs and new devices.
News categories: Minerva Networks, Skymedia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mongolia, Set Top Box, UX
Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
Jul 30, 2020 – Discovery has announced that it will join the On Addressability initiative. The initiative enables Discovery to offer advertisers dynamic ad insertion to audiences across the Charter, Comcast and Cox cable TV footprints.
News categories: Discovery, Spectrum Reach, Comcast Advertising, Cox Media, Keith Kazerman, David Kline, Gina Mingioni, Louis Gump, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
Jul 29, 2020 – Amagi has announced that it now delivers 30+ live and linear channels to The Roku Channel, with Amagi delivering brands such as beIN, Buzzr, Cinedigm, Condé Nast, MGM, PeopleTV, Tastemade, TYT Network, and Yahoo Finance, among others.
News categories: Amagi, Roku, Srinivasan KA, Ashley Hovey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Freewheel integrates NBC Spot On’s OTT inventory
Jul 27, 2020 – The NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division has announced that it has signed a deal with FreeWheel to make it easier for advertisers to access NBC Spot On’s premium inventory, through Freewheel's Strata platform.
News categories: Freewheel, NBC Spot On, Mark McKee, Shawn Makhijani, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
WOW! launches WOW! tv+ in Chicago, Evansville and Detroit
Jul 16, 2020 – WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone (NYSE: WOW) has announced Chicago, Evansville and Detroit as the latest markets to offer its IP-delivered video choice, WOW! tv+, for its high-speed data (HSD) customers.
News categories: WOW!, Teresa Elder, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Sky Q adds smart new features
Jul 8, 2020 – Sky is adding new features to its Sky Q set-top box. An expanded view UI, simple new show and sports centres, intuitive smart buttons and improved voice discovery will make it easier to browse, find and watch TV.
News categories: Sky, Fraser Stirling, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK, UX
SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
Jul 7, 2020 – Nordija has delivered an end-to-end IPTV solution to Aruban operator SETAR. The upgraded TV solution includes content discovery, VOD stores, HDTV, an advanced recording engine and network recording features.
News categories: Nordija, SETAR, Divitel, Jeroen van Vliet, Raul Ponson, Caribbean, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, UX
Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
Jul 2, 2020 – According to Dataxis, within a saturating AVOD market, only a few players are standing out in terms of monthly active users: Vudu, Pluto TV, Tubi, and older players such as Hulu, Roku Channel and YouTube.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Market Research, OTT, USA
Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
Jun 30, 2020 – Verizon Media has introduced a TV tune-in attribution product that allows broadcasters, networks and media companies to quantify the impact of digital ad campaigns on consumers tuning into TV shows.
News categories: Verizon Media, Iván Markman, Seth Goren, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0