Digital TV News: Dolby Laboratories
HBO Max app now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
Aug 3, 2021 – LG Electronics USA and WarnerMedia have announced that the HBO Max app is now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S. LG Smart TV owners can now access HBO Max as part of the TV's webOS platform.
News categories: LG Electronics, WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Harmonic adds public cloud support for Dolby Vision
Jul 15, 2021 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has implemented public cloud support for the delivery of Dolby Vision HDR live content. Harmonic has integrated Dolby Vision into its VOS cloud streaming platform and XOS software-based appliance.
News categories: Harmonic, Dolby, Stephane Cloirec, Jean-Christophe Morizur, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
ATEME live transcoder supports Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos
Jul 6, 2021 – ATEME has announced that it has integrated Dolby Vision HDR and Dolby Atmos immersive audio technologies into its TITAN Live solution, making it the first solution on the market to encode and deliver both experiences natively.
News categories: ATEME, Dolby, Thomas Burnichon, Jean-Christophe Morizur, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Survey from Dolby reveals trends in home entertainment consumption
Nov 17, 2020 – Dolby (NYSE: DLB) has released findings from a global survey illustrating a shift in consumer entertainment behavior. The survey shows that consumers continue to want, demand, and are willing to spend more on enhanced experiences.
News categories: Dolby, Wakefield Research, John Couling, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Synamedia joins Phoenix Model Market NEXTGEN TV initiative
Jan 6, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that it has entered a partnership with Pearl TV to join the Phoenix Model Market Initiative. Synamedia will provide encoding expertise and services and build future ATSC 3.0 applications based on market needs.
News categories: Synamedia, Pearl TV, Dave Longaker, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, CES2022, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Encoding.com to show broadcast and OTT Cloud media processing at NAB 2019
Apr 4, 2019 – Encoding.com will announce at this year's NAB Show support for Apple ProRes encoding, Dolby Vision HDR transcoding, Nielsen CPVOD watermarking and ultra-fast processing for large video files via its proprietary chunk parallel processing technology.
News categories: Encoding.com, Jeff Malkin, Jean-Christophe Morizur, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Amazon introduces Fire TV Stick 4K and new Alexa Voice Remote
Oct 3, 2018 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced the Fire TV Stick 4K, the most powerful streaming media stick available, plus a new Alexa Voice Remote. The Alexa Voice Remote is also available with the recently launched Fire TV Cube.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, John Couling, Canada, Digital TV, Germany, India, Japan, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK, USA
Phoenix ATSC 3.0 'Model Market' on-air with UniMás programming
Apr 9, 2018 – The first next-generation TV signal in the Phoenix Model Market is 'on the air,' with KFPH-CD Channel 35, owned by Univision Communications now transmitting UniMás network programming using the new ATSC 3.0 standard.
News categories: Pearl TV, Univision, Anne Schelle, John Eck, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Dolby shows industry adoption of audio technologies at CES2018
Jan 9, 2018 – At CES, Dolby (NYSE:DLB) is showcasing a broad portfolio of audiovisual experiences across a range of price points and devices, driving Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos adoption in more markets with leading global partners.
News categories: Dolby, Kevin Yeaman, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
- Roku launches player line-up for Germany
- 5G Broadcast and DTT can share UHF band and broadcast infrastructure
- SVOD household penetration in Malaysia to reach 27% in 2025
- Accedo powers Arabic SVOD service from TenTime
- Wurl unveils performance marketing service for streamers
- Origin selects Kantar for UK media measurement
- Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way