Digital TV News: Dolby Laboratories
CTA predicts record U.S. sales in 2018 for AR/VR
Jan 4, 2018 – Augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) technologies are positioned for record growth in 2018, according to the CTA. And the latest exhibitor update on CES 2018 shows a record-setting footprint for both AR and VR.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Karen Chupka, Mark Turner, CES2022, USA, VR
Dolby Vision comes to Vestel OLED and Ultra HD TVs
Nov 9, 2017 – Dolby (NYSE:DLB) and Vestel have announced that Dolby Vision will be featured across the entire range of Vestel’s Ultra HD (UHD) TV’s, including Vestel’s new range of OLED TVs.
News categories: Dolby Laboratories, Vestel, Giles Baker, Hakan Kutlu, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Huawei and Dolby announce world’s first Dolby Vision STB for IPTV
Oct 24, 2017 – Huawei and Dolby (NYSE: DLB) have announced that the Huawei Q22 is the first IPTV set-top box in the world to support Dolby Vision HDR technology. Dolby Vision delivers greater brightness and contrast, as well as a fuller palette of rich colors.
News categories: Huawei, Dolby, Guipei Chen, Giles Baker, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MStar IC supports Dolby Multistream Decoder MS12 V2
Aug 30, 2017 – Dolby (NYSE: DLB) and MStar have announced a solution to deliver immersive Dolby Atmos experiences to TV sets. MStar has made available the latest iteration of Dolby Multistream Decoder MS12 on the first IC to support both MS12 v2.2 GA and Dolby Vision.
News categories: Dolby, MStar Semi, Giles Baker, Sean Lin, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
ULDAGE begins satellite UHDTV patent pool licensing
Jul 3, 2017 – ULDAGE has announced the commencement of patent licensing activities under the system of a patent pool that bundles and licenses the patents that are essential to the realization of the UHDTV satellite broadcasting standards.
News categories: ULDAGE, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Satellite, Worldwide
Dolby and Netflix offer combined Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision streaming experience
Jun 28, 2017 – Dolby (NYSE: DLB) has announced that Netflix is to deliver the first combined Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision HDR streaming experience to consumers around the world. Netflix members will soon be able to experience Okja, the Netflix Original Film, in both formats.
News categories: Dolby, Netflix, Giles Baker, Greg Peters, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
MediaTek releases Ultra HD TV SoC with Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log Gamma
Jun 12, 2017 – MediaTek has announced the availability of its MediaTek MT5597 System-on-Chip (SoC), an Ultra HD TV SoC supporting Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG). MT5597 transforms TV viewing experiences with breakthrough brightness, contrast and color.
News categories: MediaTek, Dolby, Joe Chen, John Couling, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Verizon Digital Media Services integrates Dolby Audio
Apr 24, 2017 – Verizon Digital Media Services and Dolby have announced that encoding and playback of Dolby Audio will be integrated into the Verizon Digital Media Services platform. Dolby Audio will be available as an additional feature of the Uplynk Video Streaming service.
News categories: Verizon Digital Media Services, Dolby, Ted Middleton, Mathias Bendull, Content Distribution, Worldwide
Industry forum formed to boost VR adoption
Jan 5, 2017 – At CES, 28 companies announced the Virtual Reality Industry Forum (VRIF), a not-for-profit company with its purpose stated as: “To further the widespread availability of high-quality audiovisual VR experiences, for the benefit of consumers.”
News categories: Virtual Reality Industry Forum, David Price, Chris Johns, CES2022, Digital TV, VR, Worldwide
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor