Digital TV News: Dominique Feral
Wyplay to bundle Quadrille push technology with Frog Turnkey
Sep 11, 2015 – Wyplay and Quadrille have announced that the latter’s QuadriFast push technology will be available as a value-added bundle with the Frog Turnkey digital TV software solution. The two companies intend to focus on operators in growth markets such as Africa and Eastern Europe.
News categories: Quadrille, Wyplay, Xavier Battas, Dominique Féral, Africa, Digital TV, Europe, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Set Top Box
Verimatrix joins Frog by Wyplay
Sep 3, 2015 – Wyplay has announced that Verimatrix has joined the Frog by Wyplay community and that the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) will be part of the new Frog Turnkey Broadcast/IP bundle on set top box (STB) devices.
News categories: Wyplay, Verimatrix, Dominique Féral, Steve Christian, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Frog by Wyplay for growth markets at 30¢ per device
Jun 2, 2015 – Wyplay has announced the evolution of the Frog by Wyplay open source solution aimed at bringing an attractive digital TV experience to subscribers with an affordable business and deployment model for operators, with a per device royalty starting at USD 0.30.
News categories: Wyplay, Dominique Féral, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Kannuu content discovery to be integrated with Frog by Wyplay
Apr 28, 2015 – Kannuu, which provides personalized content discovery technology for the connected television and media industry, has announced a partnership with Wyplay and joined the Frog by Wyplay initiative.
News categories: Kannuu, Wyplay, Telstra, Tom Laidlaw, Dominique Féral, Eric Kearley, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Mobica joins Frog by Wyplay
Apr 28, 2015 – Mobica has joined the Frog by Wyplay initiative to provide professional and integration services, enhancing the open source TV middleware code and adapting it to the requirements of pay TV operators and their partners.
News categories: Wyplay, Mobica, Dominique Féral, Jim Carroll, Europe, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Wyplay connects STBs with SIGFOX IoT network
Dec 16, 2014 – Wyplay and SIGFOX have revealed a joint technology collaboration. The system, which will be showcased at the 2015 International CES, integrates SIGFOX’s IoT cellular connectivity solution with Wyplay’s open-source pay-TV set-top-box (STB) middleware.
News categories: Wyplay, SIGFOX, Dominique Féral, Stuart Lodge, Broadband, CES2021, Digital TV, Europe, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, USA
Huawei licenses Frog by Wyplay STB middleware
Oct 21, 2014 – Huawei has announced that it is licensing the Frog by Wyplay open source middleware and intends to collaborate with its ecosystem to create next generation set-top box software.
News categories: Wyplay, Huawei, Dominique Feral, Frederic Mathieu, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Rovi discovery integrated with Frog-by-Wyplay on show at TVConnect
Mar 18, 2014 – Wyplay and Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) are hosting a demonstration at TV Connect 2014 of the combination of the Frog middleware platform and Rovi discovery services, designed to showcase a turn-key solution for pay-TV operators and Frog community members.
News categories: Wyplay, Rovi Corp, Pim Versteeg, Dominique Feral, Middleware, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
COSHIP joins the Frog By Wyplay initiative
Jan 9, 2014 – Shenzhen COSHIP Electronics has announced that it is joining the Frog By Wyplay initiative for their next generation TV software solution.
News categories: Frog By Wyplay, COSHIP, Dominique Feral, Ruiliang Yang, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5