Digital TV News: Dominique Feral
Huawei licenses Frog by Wyplay STB middleware
Oct 21, 2014 – Huawei has announced that it is licensing the Frog by Wyplay open source middleware and intends to collaborate with its ecosystem to create next generation set-top box software.
News categories: Wyplay, Huawei, Dominique Feral, Frederic Mathieu, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Rovi discovery integrated with Frog-by-Wyplay on show at TVConnect
Mar 18, 2014 – Wyplay and Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) are hosting a demonstration at TV Connect 2014 of the combination of the Frog middleware platform and Rovi discovery services, designed to showcase a turn-key solution for pay-TV operators and Frog community members.
News categories: Wyplay, Rovi Corp, Pim Versteeg, Dominique Feral, Middleware, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
COSHIP joins the Frog By Wyplay initiative
Jan 9, 2014 – Shenzhen COSHIP Electronics has announced that it is joining the Frog By Wyplay initiative for their next generation TV software solution.
News categories: Frog By Wyplay, COSHIP, Dominique Feral, Ruiliang Yang, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Jiuzhou integrates FROG by Wyplay TV software
Jan 9, 2014 – Shenzhen Jiuzhou Electric has announced that it has decided to join Frog by Wyplay initiative for its next generation STB platforms.
News categories: Frog by Wyplay, Shenzhen Jiuzhou, Dominique Feral, Wei Huang, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Movea, STMicroelectronics and Wyplay show motion-based interactive TV user experience
Jan 8, 2014 – Movea, together with STMicroelectronics and Wyplay, is demonstrating how the integration of hardware, middleware and motion software brings easy and rapid deployment of motion-based user interfaces for connected home systems.
News categories: Movea, STMicroelectronics, Wyplay, Wahid Issa, André-Louis Bertrand, Dominique Feral, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Wyplay media gateway software running on ViXS XCode
Sep 13, 2013 – ViXS (TSX: VXS) has announced that their partnership with Wyplay has led to the development of an open platform for operator media gateways, customisable to have a look and feel based on the operator's unique requirements.
News categories: ViXS, Wyplay, David Jones, Dominique Feral, Gateway, IBC2022, Middleware, Semiconductor
WYPLAY announces launch of HTML5 Android TV platform
Mar 19, 2013 – WYPLAY has announced the launch of its HTML5 Android reference platform for chipset vendors, STB manufacturers, RCU companies and 3rd-party software houses. The platform combines Wyplay's Middleware with Android, managed by a pure HTML5 user interface.
News categories: WYPLAY, Android TV, Digital TV, HTML5, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Wyplay Offers the New 'YouTube on TV' Application in Its Client Middleware for Operators
Aug 31, 2011 – WYPLAY has integrated the 'YouTube on TV' application into its client middleware and is now deploying it with its Vodafone customers.
News categories: WYPLAY, France, Middleware, Streaming
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes