Digital TV News: Dong Li
8K Association formed to help develop 8K ecosystem
Jan 8, 2019 – A group of display technology brands have come together at CES 2019 to form the 8K Association (8KA). The group recently signed an MOU to form the non-profit organization to advance their common vision and mission.
News categories: 8K Association, Hyogun Lee, Dr. Weidong Liu, Chris Larson, WeiLung Liau, Michiko Ogawa, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
China Digital TV's Super VOD system deployed in Heilongjiang province
Sep 30, 2013 – China Digital TV (NYSE: STV) has announced that it has reached an agreement with Heilongjiang Broadcast Television Network Co. Ltd. to deploy its Super VOD (video-on-demand) system in China's Heilongjiang Province.
News categories: China Digital TV, Dong Li, Cable TV, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV
SICMicro Selects MIPS Technologies' Processor IP for New Set-top Box Chip
Apr 17, 2012 – MIPS Technologies (NASDAQ: MIPS) has announced that SICMicro has selected its MIPS32® processor cores for the new generation of its highly-secure decoder SoCs for China's rapidly-growing ABS-S set-top box market.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, SICMicro, China, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
China Digital TV Selected to Provide CA For China's Mobile TV
Sep 18, 2009 – China Digital TV Holding (NYSE: STV) has announced that it had been selected by China Satellite Mobile Broadcasting Corporation (CSM), a company under China's SARFT, to provide CA systems to mobile TV networks throughout China.
News categories: China Digital TV Holding, SARFT, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Mobile
China Digital TV to Provide STB Software to Jinzhong TV Network
Aug 24, 2009 – China Digital TV (NYSE: STV) has announced that the company has signed an exclusive contract with Jinzhong Broadcasting Television Network Co., a cable operator in Shanxi province, to provide set-top box software.
News categories: China Digital TV Holding, Jinzhong TV Network, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
China Digital TV Announces Two New Contract Wins
Jun 2, 2009 – China Digital TV (NYSE: STV) has announced that the Company has won contracts to provide conditional access (CA) systems to Jiangxi TV Network, and subscriber management system (SMS) solutions to Zhongguang Movie and TV Satellite.
News categories: China Digital TV Holding, Cable TV, China, Conditional Access, Content Distribution
China Digital TV Partners with Microsoft to Launch PC-TV Tuner Solution for Windows Vista
Dec 3, 2008 – China Digital TV (NYSE: STV) has announced the availability of a new PC-TV tuner solution which will allow computer users throughout China to watch and record scrambled digital cable television programming on their PCs.
News categories: China Digital TV Holding, Cable TV, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Peripherals / Accessories
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
- DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
- Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
- Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
- TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
- KBS selects ATEME broadcast encoders
- Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX
- Zappware-powered A1 Xplore TV comes to Fire TV sticks
- SES renews Comcast Technology Solutions distribution agreement
- Riivi chooses Norigin Media for Smart TV app testing
- NexStreaming releases NexPlayer for Nintendo Switch
- Elliptic Labs to trial presence detection and gestures for Smart TV
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
- Piracy still a major challenge in the Nordics
- Vewd offers ATSC 3.0 integration options
- Broadpeak's CDN and Multicast ABR power Megacable's Xview+
- TEGNA selects TVSquared for ad measurement and attribution