Digital TV News: Dong Li
8K Association formed to help develop 8K ecosystem
Jan 8, 2019 – A group of display technology brands have come together at CES 2019 to form the 8K Association (8KA). The group recently signed an MOU to form the non-profit organization to advance their common vision and mission.
News categories: 8K Association, Hyogun Lee, Dr. Weidong Liu, Chris Larson, WeiLung Liau, Michiko Ogawa, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
China Digital TV's Super VOD system deployed in Heilongjiang province
Sep 30, 2013 – China Digital TV (NYSE: STV) has announced that it has reached an agreement with Heilongjiang Broadcast Television Network Co. Ltd. to deploy its Super VOD (video-on-demand) system in China's Heilongjiang Province.
News categories: China Digital TV, Dong Li, Cable TV, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV
SICMicro Selects MIPS Technologies' Processor IP for New Set-top Box Chip
Apr 17, 2012 – MIPS Technologies (NASDAQ: MIPS) has announced that SICMicro has selected its MIPS32® processor cores for the new generation of its highly-secure decoder SoCs for China's rapidly-growing ABS-S set-top box market.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, SICMicro, China, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
China Digital TV Selected to Provide CA For China's Mobile TV
Sep 18, 2009 – China Digital TV Holding (NYSE: STV) has announced that it had been selected by China Satellite Mobile Broadcasting Corporation (CSM), a company under China's SARFT, to provide CA systems to mobile TV networks throughout China.
News categories: China Digital TV Holding, SARFT, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Mobile
China Digital TV to Provide STB Software to Jinzhong TV Network
Aug 24, 2009 – China Digital TV (NYSE: STV) has announced that the company has signed an exclusive contract with Jinzhong Broadcasting Television Network Co., a cable operator in Shanxi province, to provide set-top box software.
News categories: China Digital TV Holding, Jinzhong TV Network, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
China Digital TV Announces Two New Contract Wins
Jun 2, 2009 – China Digital TV (NYSE: STV) has announced that the Company has won contracts to provide conditional access (CA) systems to Jiangxi TV Network, and subscriber management system (SMS) solutions to Zhongguang Movie and TV Satellite.
News categories: China Digital TV Holding, Cable TV, China, Conditional Access, Content Distribution
China Digital TV Partners with Microsoft to Launch PC-TV Tuner Solution for Windows Vista
Dec 3, 2008 – China Digital TV (NYSE: STV) has announced the availability of a new PC-TV tuner solution which will allow computer users throughout China to watch and record scrambled digital cable television programming on their PCs.
News categories: China Digital TV Holding, Cable TV, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Peripherals / Accessories
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution