Digital TV News: Doug Lowther
Irdeto Expands Set-Top Box Agreement with Cisco
Sep 12, 2008 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced further expansion of a set-top box license agreement with Cisco Systems (NASDAQ: CSCO). The agreement enables Cisco to integrate Irdeto's Conditional Access (CA) solution with its set-tops.
News categories: Irdeto, Cisco Systems, Ziggo, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR, IBC2022, Netherlands, Set Top Box
Caribbean Innovator WIND Telecom Selects Irdeto to Secure and Grow MMDS Pay TV Subscriber Base
Apr 14, 2008 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that it has deployed its DVB conditional access (CA) system at WIND Telecom to secure pay-TV programming and services across the operator's wireless MMDS network, WIND TV.
News categories: Irdeto, WIND Telecom, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, MMDS, NABShow
Irdeto Announces Support for Common Interface Plus (CI+)
Apr 14, 2008 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced its support for the Common Interface Plus (CI+) specification with a new CI+ conditional access module (CAM) planned for commercial availability by year's end, after the CI+ Forum completes the final specification.
News categories: Irdeto, CI+ Forum, Conditional Access, Digital TV, NABShow, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Irdeto Helps TeliaStofa increase ARPU with Hybrid "Zaptor" Service
Mar 12, 2008 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced the successful upgrade of its existing conditional access system at cable company Telia Stofa to include support for the company's hybrid 'Zaptor' service, which includes time-shift TV, VoD, PVR and network PVR services.
News categories: Irdeto, Telia Stofa, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Denmark, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Irdeto Showcases OMA BCAST Integration with LG Electronics
Feb 12, 2008 – Irdeto, a Naspers (JSE: NPN) subsidiary, will demonstrate the integration of its mobile TV conditional access (CA) solution based on the OMA BCAST standard with the latest mobile handsets from LG Electronics at Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2008.
News categories: Irdeto, LG Electronics, Conditional Access, Mobile, MWC22
Monic@sh and MTN Select Irdeto to Secure Mobile Broadcast TV Services in the Ivory Coast
Feb 11, 2008 – Irdeto, a subsidiary of multinational media group Naspers (JSE: NPN), has announced a deal to secure mobile broadcast TV services across the MTN Côte d'Ivoire network in the West African nation.
News categories: Irdeto, Monic@sh, MTN Côte d'Ivoire, CAM, Conditional Access, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC22
Irdeto Mobile TV Security Solution Now Available on Giesecke & Devrient Mobile TV microSD™ Cards
Feb 11, 2008 – Irdeto, a subsidiary of multinational media group Naspers (JSE: NPN), and Giesecke & Devrient (G&D), the world's second largest manufacturer of smart cards, have announced the successful integration of Irdeto's security solution on G&D's Mobile TV Card.
News categories: Irdeto, Giesecke & Devrient (G&D), CAM, Conditional Access, Mobile, MWC22
Oberthur Technologies and Irdeto Demonstrate Innovation in Mobile TV
Feb 10, 2008 – Irdeto, a subsidiary of Naspers (JSE: NPN), and Oberthur Technologies completed successfully the demonstration of an end-to-end OMA BCAST Smart Card Profile interoperability test at the recent mobile TV Test Fest organized by the Open Mobile Alliance.
News categories: Irdeto, Oberthur Technologies, CAM, Conditional Access, DRM, MWC22
S3 and Irdeto Simplify Mobile TV Handset Integration
Feb 10, 2008 – Silicon & Software Systems Ltd. (S3) and Irdeto, a subsidiary of Naspers (JSE: NPN), have announced integrated software that allows mobile TV handset manufacturers to support both IPDC OSF and Open Mobile Alliance (OMA) BCAST in a single solution.
News categories: Silicon & Software Systems, Irdeto, CAM, Conditional Access, DRM, Mobile, MWC22
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden