Digital TV News: Dr. Hui Zhang
Mobiles and PCs falling out of favour for binge TV watching
May 9, 2018 – Conviva and nScreenMedia have announced research analyzing streaming around the globe. The report examines viewing trends such as in-home versus out-of-home, device usage across dayparts, and content patterns related to short-form, long-form, live-linear broadcasts, and sports.
News categories: Conviva, nScreenMedia, Dr. Hui Zhang, Colin Dixon, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Streaming, Video Exchange
Conviva introduces Video AI Alerts to monitor streaming delivery
Sep 12, 2017 – Conviva has announced the general availability of Video AI Alerts. This is the Platform’s alerting intelligence that automatically detects and diagnoses service delivery issues enabling publishers to deliver a consistently higher quality of experience while also better managing operational costs.
News categories: Conviva, Dr. Hui Zhang, Content Distribution, Digital TV, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
Conviva adds Limelight Networks to its QoE analytics ecosystem initiative
Sep 6, 2017 – Conviva has announced Limelight Networks as a CDN collaborator for its QoE Ecosystem Analytics initiative. By sharing QoE analytics provisioned for CDNs, a publisher can enable Limelight to act and respond in the shortest period of time to any issues that might arise.
News categories: Conviva, Limelight Networks, Dr. Hui Zhang, Steve Miller-Jones, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Adobe is launch partner for Conviva multiscreen QoE metrics
Sep 20, 2016 – Conviva has announced Adobe as a launch partner for Conviva’s QoE Ecosystem initiative. By bringing all metrics together into the same console, publishers will have a clearer visibility and understanding of the customer experience in the client player.
News categories: Conviva, Adobe, Dr. Hui Zhang, Advertising, Digital TV, Mobile, Worldwide
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024