Digital TV News: Dr. Klaus Illgner
DTG releases D-Book 10 DTT specification for the UK
Nov 3, 2017 – The DTG’s D-Book 10 is the industry determined, next generation, universally deployed specification which supports future interactive services and enables the continuing transition towards HbbTV.
News categories: DTG, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Peter Seller, Dr. Klaus Illgner, Laurie Patten, Guy North, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
HbbTV Association joins forces with Smart TV Alliance
Sep 1, 2016 – The Smart TV Alliance and HbbTV Association today announced a plan to merge the activities of the Smart TV Alliance into HbbTV, extending the scope of the HbbTV Specification to address Over-The-Top Services.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Smart TV Alliance, Dr. Klaus Illgner, Merwan Mereby, Digital TV, HbbTV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
High-power LTE-A+ Broadcast trials start in Aosta and Paris
Apr 8, 2015 – TDF and Rai have launched the first field trials of LTE-A+ Broadcast from high-power television stations, in Paris and Aosta. The joint project involves contributions by GatesAir (USA) and is supported by IRT (Germany) and Expway (France).
News categories: GatesAir, TDF, Rai, IRT, Expway, Joseph Seccia, Olivier Huart, Vincent Grivet, Alberto Morello, Klaus Illgner-Fehns, Thierry Sergent, Ulrich Reimers, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Italy, Mobile
HbbTV Association to issue RFP for HbbTV 2.0 test material
Sep 30, 2014 – The HbbTV Association has issued an RFI soliciting members of the industry to comment on and register to receive an RFP for the development of HbbTV 2.0 conformance test material.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Dr. Klaus Illgner, Digital TV, Middleware, QoE, Worldwide
Digisoft.tv adds HbbTV support to STB platform
Jan 28, 2013 – Digisoft.tv has announced the integration of HbbTV to its Iris platform for set-top boxes. The company will offer HbbTV as an open standard component of its DVB/Hybrid offering.
News categories: Digisoft.tv, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
European Initiative Merges Television with the Power of the Internet
Aug 27, 2009 – A European consortium has announced the launch of 'Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV' or 'HbbTV', an initiative aimed at harmonising the delivery of content to the end consumer through TVs and set-top boxes with an optional web connection.
News categories: Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, IBC2021, IFA, IPTV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Terrestrial
- ZTE debuted RDK and Common Broadcast Stack STBs at IBC 2021
- GlobalLogic solution accelerators speed OTT app development
- Google Stadia cloud gaming now on latest LG Smart TVs
- Insys Video powers new Olympique Lyonnais OTT streaming service
- Kantar appointed for TV audience measurement in Azerbaijan
- Frontier Communications and YouTube TV announce partnership
- Jamaica's switchover to digital television begins in 2022
- WISI powers multiscreen ABR video service at Cable Bahamas
- InterDigital report details impact of AI/ML on video entertainment
- Vodafone Deutschland expands GigaTV service with Velocix
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Greensboro, NC
- Intertrust ExpressPlay added to Vewd Operator TV ecosystem
- rlaxx TV available for iOS and iPadOS
- NEXTGEN TV launches in Houston, Texas
- Progressive Generation Studios launches PG Kids with OTT from Red Bee
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Charleston, West Virginia
- MediaKind and Arqiva partner on cloud-based fully-managed video service
- AWS powers global rollout and increased personalization of discovery+
- Xandr standardizes video content descriptors on its platform
- FAST growing quickly in the U.S. and across the globe