Digital TV News: EDO
VR/AR shipments expected to drop to 7.45 million in 2023
May 22, 2023 – TrendForce forecasts a global downturn in AR and VR device shipments for 2023, predicting a shipment total of roughly 7.45 million units - an 18.2% YoY decrease.
News categories: TrendForce, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
Netflix partners with EDO on measurement for advertisers
May 17, 2023 – Netflix will use EDO’s predictive behavioral outcomes data to provide insights for advertisers, indicating how brands' campaigns perform on the platform compared to YouTube, OTT, and linear TV.
News categories: EDO, Netflix, Kevin Krim, Peter Naylor, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Warner Bros. Discovery adds more measurement & attribution partners
May 11, 2023 – Warner Bros. Discovery U.S Ad Sales has announced partnerships with 605, ABCS Insights, DISQO, EDO, LoopMe and Pilotly to further demonstrate ad campaign effectiveness across its platforms.
News categories: Warner Bros. Discovery, Andrea Zapata, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Accedo, Amagi and ThinkAnalytics bring linear personalization to FAST
Apr 15, 2023 – Accedo, Amagi and ThinkAnalytics have partnered to bring viewer-centric experiences to FAST. The solution uses ThinkAnalytics discovery, with Amagi EPGs and channels, in a personalized UX from Accedo.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Amagi, Accedo, Greg Riker, Baskar Subramanian, Michael Lantz, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Cellnex selects Synamedia for RTVE's broadcasting across Spain
Apr 12, 2023 – Cellnex will be deploying Synamedia's virtual Digital Content Manager (vDCM) to enable RTVE to optimise bandwidth while enhancing image quality using vDCM's compression and processing.
News categories: Synamedia, Cellnex, RTVE, Meir Lehrer, Xavi Redon, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Spain
CalaTelevision to launch CalaWeather channel with PlayBox Neo
Apr 6, 2023 – CalaTelevision will add a new cloud-based playout system for its CalaWeather channel – Cloud2TV from PlayBox Neo. CalaWeather provides weather for the Caribbean and Central America.
News categories: PlayBox Neo, CalaTelevision, Caribbean, Central America, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow
Rogers and Shaw merger receives final regulatory approval
Mar 31, 2023 – Rogers Communications and Shaw Communications have announced that their merger is expected to close prior to the outside date of April 7, 2023 after receiving final regulatory approval.
News categories: Shaw Communications, Rogers Communications, Brad Shaw, Tony Staffieri, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, MandA, Regulation
IMDb, Fabric, and AWS team up to deliver IMDb metadata
Mar 30, 2023 – IMDb and Fabric have announced a solution that allows media and entertainment companies to enrich their catalogs using entertainment data sets from IMDb. Licensing is fulfilled through AWS Data Exchange.
News categories: IMDb, Fabric, AWS, Nikki Santoro, Rob Delf, Marc Aldrich, Renee McGinnis, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
Mar 21, 2023 – Bedrock has extended the availability of ad-free streaming service, 6play max, to Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV and LG TVs, enabling 6play to now reach its users on almost all the OTT installed base in France.
News categories: Bedrock, 6play, Apps, Digital TV, France, Streaming
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media