Digital TV News: ENMA
Telco bundling drives SVOD growth in Finland
May 15, 2023 – According to Mediavision, SVOD households in Finland have passed 1.5 million - corresponding to a penetration of 61% - driven largely by the packaging by telcos of traditional TV with streaming services.
News categories: Mediavision, Fredrik Liljeqvist, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, Streaming
Telia releases January-March 2023 results
Apr 26, 2023 – Telia Company has releases its Interim Report for January-March 2023. Across the Group, TV subscriptions were 3.403 million at period end, up 9,000 in the quarter and up 100,000 y-o-y.
News categories: Telia Company, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, Finland, IPTV, Lithuania, Norway, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, Sweden
Streaming TV is most-watched form of TV in the Nordics
Apr 25, 2023 – Magnite (NASDAQ: MGNI) has unveiled a study on how streaming TV is evolving in the Nordics. The research finds that streaming is now the most-watched form of TV in Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden.
News categories: Magnite, Natasha Westlund, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, Norway, Streaming, Sweden
Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
Mar 21, 2023 – Allente, with 3SS and SEI Robotics, has launched a 4K dongle, based on Google TV, with a UX built on 3SS' 3Ready framework. The Allente app is installed from Google Play during first time installation.
News categories: 3SS, SEI Robotics, Google TV, Allente, Amanda Short, Jon Espen Nergård, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Set Top Box, Streaming, Sweden, UX
Three million subscribers globally for BritBox
Feb 22, 2023 – BritBox has reached a milestone of three million subscribers across the international markets in which its streaming service is available – the U.S., Canada, Australia, South Africa, Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland.
News categories: BritBox, Reemah Sakaan, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
SkyShowtime completes Europe roll-out with Spain and Andorra launches
Feb 14, 2023 – SkyShowtime will complete its European roll-out in 2023, bringing its offering to the final markets of Spain and Andorra on February 2th. The streaming service will have launched across more than 20 markets in just five months.
News categories: SkyShowtime, Monty Sarhan, Andorra, Digital TV, Spain, Streaming
SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
Jan 31, 2023 – SkyShowtime is continuing its roll-out with a set of launches in Albania, Czechia, Hungary, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania and Slovakia, bringing the number of live markets for the streaming service to twenty.
News categories: SkyShowtime, Monty Sarhan, Gabor Harsanyi, Albania, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Streaming
Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
Jan 25, 2023 – YouSee has agreed a deal with Simply.TV. Metadata from Simply.TV will help YouSee with visuals, recommendations, sports info, ingestion of broadcaster data, and an ID space bringing all services together.
News categories: Simply.TV, YouSee, Daniel Rühmann, Jannie Marie Kaarsberg, Big Data, Denmark, Digital TV, UX
Over four million SVOD subscriptions in Denmark
Dec 13, 2022 – According to Mediavision analysis of the Danish TV and streaming market, the number of paid subscriptions in Denmark now exceeds four million, with more than half a million new subscriptions being added in the past 12 months.
News categories: Mediavision, Marie Nilsson, Denmark, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media