Digital TV News: ENMA
Nordija and EKT deploy pre-integrated solution in Trinidad & Tobago
Jul 1, 2019 – EKT, together with Nordija, has announced the deployment of a pre-integrated DVB/IP Hybrid solution for Airlink in Trinidad & Tobago. EKT’s LinuxTV platform provided the basis on top of which Nordija delivered the user experience.
News categories: Nordija, EKT, Airlink, Jeroen van Vliet, Richard Smith, Keenan Singh, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Set Top Box, Trinidad and Tobago, UX
TDC selects Mediamorph for its Blockbuster VOD services in the Nordics
Jun 20, 2019 – TDC Group will use Mediamorph’s Content Value Management (CVM) for its BLOCKBUSTER VOD business in the Nordics. The CVM enables TDC to automate its VOD platforms and more effectively capitalize on content contracts, control VOD royalties, and streamline their supply chain.
News categories: Mediamorph, Blockbuster, Rob Gardos, Casper Hald, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, OTT, Sweden
ATEME provides headend to the Egyptian National Media Authority
Jun 11, 2019 – ATEME has announced that the Egyptian National Media Authority (ENMA) has selected its converged video headend to cover the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations. The headend that ATEME has provided is based on its encoder/decoder and multiplexer solutions.
News categories: ATEME, ENMA, Razik Zaghlouli, Eng. Mervat Hassan, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Egypt, Terrestrial
Western European telcos are winning the European 5G race
Jun 10, 2019 – In Europe, Western countries are leading 5G development, with Denmark, Portugal and Switerland’s 5G adoption set to take a 23.2%, 16.2% and 16.2% share respectively of total mobile subscription in their markets by 2023, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Jonathan Bachrach, 5G, Denmark, Finland, Market Research, Netherlands, Portugal, Switzerland
EU opens competition investigation into Telia's acquisition of Bonnier Broadcasting
May 10, 2019 – The European Commission has opened an investigation to assess the proposed acquisition of Bonnier Broadcasting by Telia Company. The Commission is concerned that the merged entity may shut out competitors from the audio-visual sector in Finland and Sweden.
News categories: European Commission, Telia Company, Bonnier Broadcasting, Digital TV, Finland, MnA, Regulation, Sweden
UK leads Europe's TV market into cord-cutting era
Apr 25, 2019 – According to Strategy Analytics, declining pay TV subscriptions in the UK suggest that cord-cutting is now beginning to affect the European market. The UK saw a net decline in pay TV households of 424,000 in 2018, the largest decline of any European country.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
TDC launches next generation Home Gateway in Denmark with SoftAtHome
Apr 18, 2019 – SoftAtHome has announced that its software enables TDC’s Danish customers to benefit from gigabit services. TDC’s subscribers now enjoy a much faster Internet connection with two bonded VDSL lines, highest quality TV and uninterrupted communications.
News categories: SoftAtHome, TDC, David Viret-Lange, Michael Vig Larsen, Broadband, Denmark, Gateway, Middleware
EurodataTV 2018 Entertainment TV Report released
Apr 18, 2019 – Entertainment shows still capture big audiences regardless of the country, according to the latest edition of the Entertainment TV Report from EurodataTV Worldwide. On average, TV channels devoted 1/3 of their prime time schedules to entertainment formats in 2018.
News categories: EurodataTV, Candice Alessandra, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Rohde & Schwarz wins DVB-T2 transmitter contract in Egypt
Apr 18, 2019 – The Egyptian National Media Authority (ENMA) has selected Rohde & Schwarz transmitters to support their DVB-T2 network. The equipment is to be commissioned by mid-June 2019 in time for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations soccer tournament.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, National Media Authority, Rommer Balanon, Mervat Hassan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Egypt
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals LatAm key findings
- Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient