Digital TV News: ESPN
Disney adds 57 million D2C subscribers in year to October 1, 2022
Nov 8, 2022 – The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) has reported results for the period ended October 1, 2022. Direct-to-Consumer revenues for the quarter increased 8% to $4.9 billion and operating loss increased $0.8 billion to $1.5 billion.
News categories: The Walt Disney Company, Bob Chapek, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
Sep 28, 2022 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced upgrades to its Fire TV family, including the next generation Fire TV Cube streaming media player, and Alexa Voice Remote Pro, a premium remote with Remote Finder and customizable buttons.
News categories: Amazon, Daniel Rausch, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Broadcast and cable show signs of revival in U.S.
Sep 15, 2022 – Nielsen's (NYSE: NLSN) monthly TV and streaming snapshot has revealed that streaming represented 35% of TV consumption in the U.S. in August. Broadcast and cable gained in August, with shares at 22.1% and 34.5%, respectively.
News categories: Nielsen, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
Aug 10, 2022 – On December 8, 2022, Disney+ will introduce its ad-supported subscription offering in the US. With the launch, a new slate of subscription plans will be made available across Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, and the Disney Bundle.
News categories: Disney, Kareem Daniel, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Lega Nazionale Pallacanestro (LNP) extends contract with ViewLift
Jun 2, 2022 – Lega Nazionale Pallacanestro (LNP) has signed a contract extension with ViewLift to continue and extend the League's subscription service, LNP Pass. ViewLift will accelerate LNP’s digitalization and monetization of LNP Pass as part of the agreement.
News categories: ViewLift, Lega Nazionale Pallacanestro, Rick Allen, Riccardo Quaglia, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Italy, Streaming
Evoca integrates Sling TV into Nextgen TV service
May 26, 2022 – Evoca has announced a partnership with SLING TV that allows Evoca users to add SLING to their Evoca subscription. Evoca customers may now add one of SLING's three services to supplement Evoca's 60+ channels.
News categories: Evoca, Sling, Todd Achilles, Apps, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
May 11, 2022 – The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) has reported earnings for its second quarter ended April 2, 2022. The company increased its total streaming subscriptions to 205.6 million, with 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in the quarter.
News categories: Walt Disney Company, Bob Chapek, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
KPN offers Disney+, ESPN entertainment combination
Apr 21, 2022 – KPN has announced that its entertainment offer has been expanded with a unique combination of streaming service Disney+ and the ESPN-TV sports channels. As a result, customers can now add Disney+ to their entertainment package.
News categories: KPN, Disney, Jochem de Jong, Bart Verhoeven, Digital TV, Netherlands, Streaming
TiVo Stream 4K integrates YouTube TV
Apr 5, 2022 – TiVo (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced that its streaming product – TiVo Stream 4K and TiVo Stream OS – has expanded its Live TV offering through an integration with YouTube TV. YouTube TV provides access to 85+ Channels of Live Sports, Entertainment, News and more.
News categories: TiVo, YouTube TV, Ben Maughan, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management