Digital TV News: ESPN
Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
Sep 16, 2020 – Liberty Puerto Rico has launched Hub TV. Developed by Liberty Latin America (LLA) and TiVo, Hub TV is an IPTV console that uses the TiVo platform to give customers a personalized multimedia entertainment experience.
News categories: Liberty Puerto Rico, TiVo, Waldo Hooker, Android TV, Big Data, Digital TV, IPTV, Puerto Rico, Set Top Box
TVision releases H1 2020 TV Performance Report
Aug 27, 2020 – TVision has released its H1 2020 TV Performance Report. The report recognizes the brands, commercials, and TV/OTT content that best captured viewer engagement in a period that saw unprecedented levels of TV viewing and major changes to programming and advertising.
News categories: TVision, Luke McGuinness, Joanne Leong, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
Jun 29, 2020 – Consolidated Communications (NASDAQ: CNSL) has introduced CCiTV to customers in its Texas service areas. CCiTV is a cloud-enabled TV experience that supports individual preferences, parental controls and viewing recommendations.
News categories: Consolidated Communications, Rob Koester, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
May 29, 2020 – Parks Associates has released research showing that new OTT services Apple TV+ and Disney+ have captured significant market share in the streaming video space, rounding out the top five behind the 'Big 3' Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu.
News categories: Parks Associates, Steve Nason, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Hulu + Live TV launches on PlayStation 4
Mar 3, 2020 – Hulu has announced that Hulu + Live TV will be available on PlayStation 4 consoles. PlayStation 4 users will be able to subscribe to Hulu + Live TV, gaining access to both live and on-demand programming in one place.
News categories: Hulu, PlayStation, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, OTT, USA
Disney+ to reach 126 million subscribers globally
Feb 6, 2020 – Digital TV Research has upgraded its forecasts for Disney+. Disney+ will be the biggest SVOD winner over the next five years. Disney+ will add 105 million paying subscribers between end-2019 and 2025 to take its total to 126 million.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers, Worldwide
Disney+ amasses nearly 29 million paid subscribers since launch
Feb 4, 2020 – The Walt Disney Company has announced that Disney+ had amassed 28.6 million paid subscribers, as of Monday, February 3. The service launched on November 12, 2019. Paid subscriber numbers for ESPN+ and Hulu were 7.6 million and 30.7 million, respectively.
News categories: The Walt Disney Company, Bob Iger, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
Jan 23, 2020 – Tulix and Vidgo have given details of their technology platform for live sports streaming and other premium channels. Vidgo is a direct-to-consumer TV provider focusing on content acquisition and product marketing. Tulix provides the underlying technology.
News categories: Tulix, Vidgo, George Bokuchava, Shane Cannon, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, USA
Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
Jan 15, 2020 – Cincinnati Bell has announced a partnership with YouTube TV that will allow Cincinnati Bell and Hawaiian Telcom customers to stream content via Cincinnati Bell's fiber network. YouTube TV offers live TV that can be watched on any screen.
News categories: Cincinnati Bell, YouTube TV, Tom Simpson, Digital TV, Fibre, OTT, USA
- African SVOD subscribers to more than quadruple
- Bitmovin releases 2020/2021 Video Developer Report
- ironSource Aura releases pay TV engagement solution
- TV panel shipments expected to decrease by 6.2% in 2020
- Zapi OTT pay TV service launches in Spain with Mirada
- Discovery selects Magnite to strengthen DTC advertising proposition
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts