Digital TV News: EUTELSAT
Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC
Sep 15, 2023 – ENENSYS has partnered with Eutelsat to show streaming over 5G networks using DVB-NIP. DVB-NIP convergences broadband and broadcast to increase the reach of satellite and broadcast operations.
News categories: ENENSYS, Eutelsat, Laurent ROUL, Annamaria Recchia, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Satellite
wedotv launches FAST services on satellite with Eutelsat
Sep 15, 2023 – wedotv is expanding its distribution with the launch of FAST channels for Italy on Eutelsat satellites at 13°E. Viewers with a connected TV will also be able to watch via an HbbTV App.
News categories: Eutelsat, wedotv, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HbbTV, Italy, Satellite
HOTBIRD 13F and 13G satellites enter service
Sep 13, 2023 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that its high-power HOTBIRD 13F and HOTBIRD 13G satellites have entered into full commercial service, located at its 13°E video neighbourhood.
News categories: Eutelsat, Laurence Delpy, Eva Berneke, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite
NationalChip adds Eutelsat FTA EPG to set-top box chipset
Sep 14, 2023 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and NationalChip are bringing an FTA satellite TV viewing experience to homes around the world thanks to the integration of Sat.tv services in a NationalChip chipset.
News categories: Eutelsat, NationalChip, Laurence Delpy, Vincent Huang, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
DVB to showcase DVB-I and DVB-NIP at IBC2023
Aug 30, 2023 – The DVB Project's booth at IBC2023 will showcase the German and Italian DVB-I trials alongside advances in interoperability for DVB Native IP delivery.
News categories: DVB Project, Broadcast, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2023, Streaming, Worldwide
AVS expands broadcast services in Brazil via EUTELSAT 65 West A
Aug 7, 2023 – AVS has signed contracts for capacity on EUTELSAT 65 West A. The partnership allows AVS to deploy its public channels avoiding interference generated by the activation of 5G in Brazil.
News categories: Eutelsat, AVS, José Ignacio González-Núñez, Eutelsat, João Paulo Erthal, 5G, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
EUTELSAT 10B satellite enters service
Jul 24, 2023 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced the entry into service of EUTELSAT 10B at 10° East. The satellite will ensure continuity of video services when EUTELSAT 10A reaches end-of-life.
News categories: Eutelsat, Cyril Dujardin, Laurence Delpy, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite
du upgrades satellite capacity at 7/8°W with Eutelsat
Jun 23, 2023 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that du has upgraded its direct-to-home satellite services in the MENA region by increasing its capacity with Eutelsat at the 7/8° West orbital position.
News categories: Eutelsat, du, Mahmoud El Danaf, Karim Benkirane, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
May 25, 2023 – Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) has announced that Orby Elevate has selected the EUTELSAT 117 West A satellite for the distribution of its first major mainstream English language DTH bouquet in the U.S.
News categories: Eutelsat, Orby, G. Jim Carroccia, Ricardo Dias, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC
- Pixalate introduces Apple TV CTV trends report
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD revenues to triple to $20 billion by 2029
- Tata Elxsi and INVIDI partner on addressable advertising for Pay-TV operators
- Sercomm unveils RDK Video Accelerator STB based on Broadcom BCM72126
- DAZN expands anti-piracy capabilities with Irdeto forensic watermarking
- iWedia, Synaptics and OBLO measure user engagement with content and ads
- XroadMedia powers discovery and personalization at TrueID TV
- Viaccess-Orca powers CNT video streaming service in Ecuador
- Sagemcom unveils RDK-powered Video Soundbox at IBC