Digital TV News: Eastlink
Eastlink transforms TV viewing experience with TiVo
Sep 2, 2020 – Eastlink has announced that its customers now have access to a TV viewing experience powered by TiVo. TiVo removes the frustration of constantly searching for what to watch.
News categories: Eastlink, TiVo, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX
Espial signs Eastlink for Elevate SaaS cloud platform
Dec 21, 2017 – Espial has announced that Eastlink, a leading provider of high-speed internet, digital TV and telephone services in NS, NB, PEI, Nfld, ON, AB, and BC, has signed an agreement with Espial to power Eastlink’s video services with the Elevate SaaS cloud platform.
News categories: Espial, Eastlink, Jaison Dolvane, Deborah Shaffner, Cable TV, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV
Eastlink selects ARRIS for HEVC and UltraHD compression
Sep 27, 2016 – ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that Eastlink has selected the ARRIS ME-7000 Converged Compression Platform to offer more, higher-quality channels to its Canadian cable TV subscribers.
News categories: ARRIS International, Eastlink, Kevin Wirick, Jim Fitzgerald, Cable TV, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV
Bell Media's CraveTV to Go OTT on January 1
Jul 13, 2015 – Bell Media has announced that its premium TV streaming service CraveTV will become available direct to all Canadian consumers with access to the internet on January 1, 2016. CraveTV is currently only available to subscribers of participating television providers.
News categories: Bell Media, Mary Ann Turcke, Canada, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming
Canada's CraveTV available through four more TV providers
Mar 18, 2015 – Bell Media has announced that four additional television service providers are now carrying its television streaming service, CraveTV: Hay Communications, Mitchell Seaforth Cable TV, Tuckersmith Communications, and Wightman Telecom.
News categories: Bell Media, CraveTV, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Set Top Box
BCE adds 42,190 TV subscribers in 4Q 2014
Feb 5, 2015 – BCE (TSX, NYSE: BCE) has reported BCE and Bell Q4 and 2014 results. In Q4 2014, BCE (Bell Canada and Bell Aliant) added 42,190 TV subscribers. At the end of 2014, BCE served a total of 2,642,608 TV subscribers.
News categories: BCE, Bell Aliant, Canada, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Bell Media introduces CraveTV in Canada
Dec 3, 2014 – Bell Media has introduced Canada to CraveTV™, the company's subscription on-demand video streaming service launching on Thursday, Dec. 11. Costing $4/Month, CraveTV brings simplicity, ubiquity, accessibility, and premium content to Canadian TV lovers.
News categories: Bell Media, CraveTV, Kevin Crull, Domenic Vivolo, Mike Cosentino, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, TV Everywhere
Eastlink launches Wireless TV in Canada
Oct 16, 2014 – Canadian cable TV company, Eastlink, has announced the national launch of its Wireless TV giving its Maestro customers the ability to enjoy an unmatched TV experience on an unprecedented six TVs anywhere in the home.
News categories: Eastlink, Lee Bragg, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Gateway, Smart Home
Eastlink iPad app personalizes the TV guide experience
Jul 11, 2013 – Canada's Eastlink has announced the launch of a new iPad application, TotalGuide xD. The new application, powered by Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI), allows customers to browse TV listings, explore programs, find what to watch, personalize the guide, and remotely schedule recordings.
News categories: Eastlink, Rovi, Apps, Cable TV, Tablet
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers
- IAB Tech Lab releases updates to SIMID 1.2 and VAST 4.3 for comment
- Semiconductor market slowdown picks up speed
- MultiChoice to be second syndication partner for Sky Glass
- Canadian program drives energy efficiency of new set-top boxes
- Tring selects multiscreen solution from SmartLabs
- TP Vision to be launch partner for DTG DVB-I Test Suite
- beIN sports, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps now on Astro Ultra Box
- Air Broadband adds Netgem TV to its offer in the UK
- SeaChange to power FIFA World Cup streaming for Grupo TVCable
- Share of large panel TVs triples in India to over 40%
- Turk Telekom rolls out IPTV/OTT platform with ZTE
- OKAST powers Endemol France channels on Samsung TV Plus
- CommScope launches HomeVista pre-integrated video solution
- StarHub releases Android TV set-top box with integrated soundbar
- Broadcast and cable show signs of revival in U.S.
- EU proposes new cybersecurity rules for hardware and software products
- Vestel launches 97XX 4K UHD set-top box series
- Telekom and RTL Deutschland use 5G network slicing to broadcast live TV
- Netflix to remain SVOD world leader