Digital TV News: Ed New
Over half of U.S. consumers now solely stream content
Nov 16, 2023 – According to Inscape's Q3 2023 TV Market Trends report, in Q3 2023, 94% of total streaming time was driven by viewers who only (64.6%) or mostly (29%) streamed on their smart TVs.
News categories: Inscape, Ken Norcross, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, TV Services, USA
Hisense enables NEXTGEN TV interactivity via ATSC 3.0 watermark detection
Oct 24, 2023 – Hisense is introducing watermark detection for NEXTGEN TV, based on Verance technology, to its ATSC 3.0 TV products. The watermark signals trigger the launch of NEXTGEN TV broadcast applications.
News categories: Verance, Hisense USA, Nil Shah, Douglas Kern, ATSC 3, Content Identification, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Irdeto integrates Anypoint Media ad server
Oct 24, 2023 – Irdeto has announced a partnership with Anypoint Media, integrating Anypoint's Flower Ad Server into its Server Side Ad Insertion (SSAI) product, and onto its Android TV Hybrid Box offering.
News categories: Irdeto, Anypoint Media, Andrew Bunten, Won Baek, Advertising, Android TV, Asia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
NEXTGEN TV expected to surpass 10 million installed devices in U.S.
Oct 18, 2023 – NEXTGEN TV will be at Pepcom Holiday Spectacular!, Oct. 19, in New York City, showcasing select new NEXTGEN TV models from Hisense and Samsung and new upgrade accessory devices.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Roku introduces new platform features
Oct 4, 2023 – Roku (NASDAQ:ROKU) has announced that users will gain new personalized discovery features, with updates across Sports, Live TV, What to Watch, Music Playlists, Roku Photo Streams, and more.
News categories: Roku, Preston Smalley, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, TV OS, UX, Worldwide
AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
Sep 28, 2023 – AMC Networks has begun the rollout of an ad-supported version of its AMC+ streaming service. Priced at $4.99 per month, the ad-supported version has an ad load of less than five minutes per hour.
News categories: AMC Networks, Kim Kelleher, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
GMA deploys Synamedia PowerVu for better Pinoy TV viewing experience
Sep 13, 2023 – Synamedia has announced that GMA Network has deployed PowerVu from Synamedia to move distribution of its global GMA Pinoy TV service from satellite to the cloud.
News categories: Synamedia, GMA Network, Marc Baillavoine, Joseph Francia, Allan Cruz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Worldwide
XroadMedia introduces AI-powered content discovery tools
Sep 6, 2023 – XroadMedia has have announced updates to its content discovery solution: easy to use back-end tools, improved voice search capabilities and enhanced AI for metadata and dynamic user interfaces.
News categories: XroadMedia, Adolf Proidl, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2023, UX, Worldwide
Brazil and Mexico outpace U.S. in CTV adoption
Aug 17, 2023 – The latest edition of Amagi's Quarterly Global FAST Report reveals a surge in CTV adoption rates in Brazil (94%) and Mexico (93%), outpacing the U.S. where adoption is at 80.6%.
News categories: Amagi, Baskar Subramanian, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification