Digital TV News: Ed New
COG and ONE Media 3.0 pilot Advanced Emergency Information over ATSC 3.0
Apr 10, 2023 – The Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments and ONE Media 3.0 (Nasdaq: SBGI) have launched a pilot of Next Generation Broadcast used to disseminate Advanced Emergency Information.
News categories: Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments, ONE Media 3.0, Scott Boggs, Jerald Fritz, John Lawson, ATSC 3, Digital TV, USA
India Smart TV shipments grew 28% in 2022
Apr 4, 2023 – India's smart TV shipments grew 28% YoY in 2022, according Counterpoint Research. For Q4 2022, the growth was almost flat at 2% YoY due to a slowdown in demand after the festive season.
News categories: Counterpoint, Akash Jatwala, Anshika Jain, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Synamedia launches pay-as-you-use SaaS video distribution platform
Apr 5, 2023 – Synamedia has unveiled Quortex Link, a pay-as-you-use, self-service SaaS platform for video distribution. Quortex Link reduces the time and investment required to establish video distribution links.
News categories: Synamedia, Thomas Dellerue, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Tubi announces new planning integrations and partnerships
Mar 23, 2023 – Tubi (NASDAQ: FOXA, FOX) has announced new planning tools and partnerships enabling brands to capitalize on Tubi's audience via enhanced forecasting, identity and currency options.
News categories: Tubi, Mark Rotblat, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
Mar 15, 2023 – According to Mediavision, average media spend in Sweden in 2022 increased 8% compared to 2021, and now amounts to SEK 685 (~$65) per month. Out of the total, the video segment grew by 9% YoY.
News categories: Mediavision, Marie Nilsson, Digital TV, Market Research, Sweden
Roku announces retail availability of own-branded TVs
Mar 9, 2023 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced the features and availability of its new Roku Select and Plus Series TVs, the first ever to be both designed and made by Roku.
News categories: Roku, Mustafa Ozgen, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
3SS partners with TELUS to power Android TV service
Mar 7, 2023 – 3SS has partnered with TELUS to launch the next-generation of the TELUS entertainment service, based on Android TV. TELUS chose 3SS' 3Ready Product Framework to provide the customized UX.
News categories: 3SS, ThinkAnalytics, t4h, VANTIVA, TELUS, Brian Jentz, Greg Riker, Graça Candido, Mercedes Pastor, Tim Fell, Android TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
FAST to account for 20% of UK ad-supported video market by 2027
Mar 2, 2023 – Blue Ant International has released findings from a study, conducted by Omdia, revealing that FAST will account for nearly 20% of the UK's $3bn premium online ad-supported video market by 2027.
News categories: Blue Ant, Lilla Hurst, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
Varnish, Intel and Supermicro achieve streaming throughput record
Feb 22, 2023 – Varnish Software, with Intel and Supermicro, has announced new content delivery milestones having achieved over 1.3 Tbps throughput on a single Edge server consuming 1,120 watts, resulting in 1.17 Gbps per Watt.
News categories: Varnish Software, Supermicro, Intel Corp, Frank Miller, Michael McNerney, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MWC23, Streaming, Worldwide
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max
- Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
- Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
- Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.