Digital TV News: Ematic
Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
Aug 3, 2020 – Minerva Networks has announced that Skymedia in Mongolia is upgrading its pay TV platform to Minerva 10. The offering will provide discovery, navigation and consumption experiences on both legacy STBs and new devices.
News categories: Minerva Networks, Skymedia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mongolia, Set Top Box, UX
Safaricom launches Android TV streaming box
Jul 8, 2020 – Safaricom has launched an Android TV box as part of a strategy to bring its fibre service to more homes. The box equips any TV with the capability to stream content from YouTube, Netflix and other Android TV apps.
News categories: Safaricom, Ematic, Peter Ndegwa, Android TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Kenya, Set Top Box
Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
Jul 2, 2020 – According to Dataxis, within a saturating AVOD market, only a few players are standing out in terms of monthly active users: Vudu, Pluto TV, Tubi, and older players such as Hulu, Roku Channel and YouTube.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Market Research, OTT, USA
Proximus to offer Apple TV 4K to new and existing customers
Jun 22, 2020 – Proximus customers can now benefit from a zero sign-on experience with Apple TV 4K. The Apple TV 4K is available for €69 in combination with an 'Epic combo full' pack, or as a standalone device for €199.99.
News categories: Proximus, Apple, Jim Casteele, Belgium, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
TV streaming accounts will surpass 1 billion globally in 2020
Jun 11, 2020 – The number of online TV streaming accounts will reach 1.1 billion in 2020, surpassing traditional pay TV accounts for the first time, marking a watershed moment in the history of TV consumption, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Danyaal Rashid, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
76% of US broadband households had OTT subscription in Q1 2020
Jun 8, 2020 – Research from Parks Associates finds that 76% of US broadband households subscribed to an OTT video service in Q1 2020, while the churn rate for streaming services was 41%. 62% subscribed to a traditional pay-TV service.
News categories: Parks Associates, Steve Nason, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Forthnet owners negotiating its sale to United Group
Apr 28, 2020 – Nomura has notified Forthnet of the commencement of exclusive negotiations with United Group on a proposal that United has submitted to the banks NBG, Alpha, Piraeus and Attica Bank aimed at the execution of documents for a transaction.
News categories: Forthnet, United Group, Digital TV, Greece, MnA, Satellite
HBO Max to launch on May 27th
Apr 21, 2020 – WarnerMedia's streaming platform HBO Max will launch on May 27th. With 10,000 hours of curated premium content, HBO Max will bring together HBO, third-party programs and movies, and content from Warner Media's library.
News categories: HBO Max, WarnerMedia, Kevin Reilly, Sarah Aubrey, Robert Greenblatt, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Falling ad revenue to hurt TV broadcasting
Apr 14, 2020 – According to GlobalData, TV broadcasters may be experiencing higher viewing numbers during this COVID-19 lockdown, but their bottom lines will be significantly hurt by falling ad revenues.
News categories: GlobalData, Danyaal Rashid, Advertising, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat