Digital TV News: Ematic
Deutsche Telekom to offer MagentaTV on Apple TV 4K
Jul 16, 2021 – From July 20, 2021 Deutsche Telekom will be offering MagentaTV in combination with an Apple TV 4k media player. The package includes an exclusive remote control that has been optimized for MagentaTV.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Apple, Michael Schuld, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
Jun 24, 2021 – NAB has collaborated with Howard University Middle School of Mathematics and Science, and Fincons Group to create a NEXTGEN TV application that allows students without internet access to participate in home learning.
News categories: National Association of Broadcasters, Fincons Group, Howard University, WHUT, Sam Matheny, Francesco Moretti, Oliver Botti, Kathryn Procope, Sean Plater, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Amagi ad solutions increase revenue at Cinedigm
May 7, 2021 – Amagi has announced that Cinedigm (NASDAQ:CIDM) is using its server side ad insertion platform, Amagi THUNDERSTORM 2.0. The enhancement has resulted in a 47% increase in ad revenue since the new deployment.
News categories: Amagi, Cinedigm, Srinivasan KA, Tony Huidor, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA
ENENSYS powers service quality monitoring at Evoca
Apr 22, 2021 – ENENSYS has announced that it is working with Evoca, an ATSC 3.0-based TV service provider in the U.S., to monitor its content along the video delivery chain, from contribution to RF distribution.
News categories: ENENSYS, Evoca, Carmen Kerloc'h, Todd Achilles, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, QoE, USA
Apple unveils next generation Apple TV 4K
Apr 21, 2021 – Apple has announced the next generation of Apple TV 4K, delivering HDR with Dolby Vision. At the heart of the new Apple TV 4K is the A12 Bionic chip that provides a significant boost in graphics performance, video decoding, and audio processing.
News categories: Apple, Bob Borchers, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
Apr 13, 2021 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has unveiled the Roku Express 4K+, which offers 4K streaming, and the Roku Voice Remote Pro, which features a rechargeable battery, lost remote finder and hands-free voice controls.
News categories: Roku, Mark Ely, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Chinese suppliers take top three positions in TV panel shipments
Apr 9, 2021 – According to TrendForce, thanks to their rising production capacity and acquisitions, China-based BOE and CSOT, the two largest panel suppliers, are expected to account for about 40% of total TV panel shipments this year.
News categories: TrendForce, Jeanette Chan, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Alchimie rolls out TVPlayer US with 30+ channels
Mar 29, 2021 – Alchimie (Paris:ALCHI) has launched its American TVPlayer service, an on-demand service offering US viewers over 30 linear and on demand channels. TV Player US complements Alchimie's European TVPlayer platforms.
News categories: Alchimie, Nicolas d’Hueppe, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Cinemo and iQIYI bring online video entertainment to cars
Mar 29, 2021 – Cinemo has announced a collaboration with iQIYI to deliver premium VOD content to the car. iQIYI has worked with Cinemo to enhance in-car entertainment on Faurecia Xiamen IVI platforms, powering FAW Hongqi sedans.
News categories: Cinemo, iQIYI, Charly Lippoth, China, Digital TV, In-Car, OTT
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 399,000 in 2Q 2021
- Playstation 5 surpasses 10 million units sold
- 52% of U.S. consumers stop paying attention when ads come on the TV
- Tata Sky Binge delivers streaming app aggregation with ThinkAnalytics
- USSI Global to bring DOOH analytics to NEXTGEN TV broadcasters
- Altice USA reports video net losses of 48,000 for 2Q 2021
- Total Play video RGUs up 48% YoY in Q2 2021 to 1,933,880
- Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
- SERAPHIC upgrades TV browser with HbbTV 2.0.3 support
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021